Sakura hotel

Kanda-jimbocho tokyo japan, Japan

Compare Ginza Hotel Rates (1.2km away)

Sakura hotel Kanda-jimbocho tokyo japan Reviews

tommylennie tommylen…
Perfectly Located And Affordable Hostel May 23, 2010
I initially feared that I wouldn't find affordable accommodation in Tokyo, unless I stayed well outside the city centre. Luckily for me, I stumbled across the Sakura Hotel (Cheers Lee-81!), and this proved to be an ideal home away from home.

Situated close to the metro station at Jimbocho, the Sakura Hotel is perfectly located for access to all Tokyo's main districts. You're never more than 10 minutes away from the neon lights of Shibuya and Shinjuku, or the tamer areas of Asakusa or Ueno. A 10 minute walk will bring you to the Imperial Palace and Gardens.

Whilst actually more like a hostel, the Sakura hotel has plenty of amenities, with a washing machine and dryer located in the basement of the building. There's also a cafe on the ground floor with an extensive drinks and food menu. And being Japan, there are plenty of vending machines in the hotel and outside as well.

I opted for the 8 bedroom dorm, located in the basement and first thought that I would struggle to sleep. There are no real windows as such, but there's an awesome fan that blasts out cold air to relieve you from the Tokyo heat. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets were changed daily by the efficient staff. The washing facilities were equally clean, but they could do with having one more shower perhaps.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, as they phoned around a few bars for me to find out where th Scotland game was being shown. All my other queries were dealt with in the same manner, so spot on hospitality.

All in all, a clean, affordable and friendly hotel in an optimal location. Great for meeting other travellers as well. Recommended!
BNine BNine
Sakura Hotel Jimbocho Oct 20, 2010
I echo the reviews of the two others... great location, good staff, clean, efficient, and very good value for central Tokyo. I really liked how close I was to the Imperial Palace, I went for a tranquil jog everyday I was there!! :) Highly recommended.
lee-81 lee-81
The Sakura a cheap well located hotel. Oct 07, 2007
This was the first hotel we stayed at in Tokyo, we booked a 4 bed room for 3 people for one week. We did try and extend our stay but alas the were fully booked so if do plan to stay here it's best to book well in advance as it's very popular. First up I'll start up with the staff, they very friendly, polite and helpful. Even before we got to the hotel one of the members of staff helped us. We came out the train station all feeling worse for wear and disorientated, trying to decipher the street map outside the station when someone asked if we needed any help?. We explained we were trying to find the Sakura, and he said he'd take us there as that's where he works, what luck. One particular member of staff who was always great fun to chat to was Yoshi a true gentleman. The location of the hotel couldn't be better in my opinion it's almost in the very heart of Tokyo, situated down a peaceful side street and being only a 3 min walk from there station. The building itself was very clean throughout, there is about 5 floors, a basement which had some vending machines and i think some form of laundry. The ground floor has the check in desk, some computers where you can pay a small hourly fee to surf the net, a small cafe where they serve drinks and snacks and a seating area with travel books to browse. The other floors are where the magic happens, each floor has about 4 rooms of varying size and the center of each floor there are sinks, Toilet Cubicles and shower cubicles. I never once found that i had to queue for any of the facilities, they provided you with Japanese style robes and slippers for you to wear while you wash, although i kept forgetting so sorry for anyone who but into me roaming around in my underpants. Our room was plenty big enough it had two bunk beds a table a chair and a tv, you have to buy a card for the t.v i think it is worth getting one a least once so you can experience the delights of Japanese tv, the game shows and ads are the best. Sorry if this review reads a bit shit but i ain't no writer. Oh one last thing if your badly hungover i recommend using the stairs rather then the lift when going to the basement vending machine for some much needed water.

Compare Ginza Hotel Rates (1.2km away)

Kanda-jimbocho tokyo japan Map