557 Avinguda Diagonal, Barcelona, Spain - 934 05 26 45

Sakura-Ya Barcelona Reviews

ratu ratu
My number 9 May 19, 2008
I promised that I will make a review about this restaurant, today I went for lunch (I do it once a week) and take a few pics.

This is the first Japanese Restaurant that I’have tasted and for me still being the best.

I liked because it seems the most authentic restaurant, I have eat in a lot of Japanese Restaurants that are a really Chinese Restaurants. But you have to think that this is an European Japanese Restaurant, the taste of the fish is very delicate (could say soft) .

The cooks (that work the fish) were really Japanese (One day a Japanese woman talk with them asking where are they from…). It’s also a Fast food Restaurant and small shop.

The dishes:

Sunomono : The best of this dish is the Salmon whit the sauce is incredible, also the algae… well for me is perfect except for the sesame on the white fish (I don’t like so much both).

Tekkamaki: What can I say about this, I like it! In my case I prefer the soybean sauce with a lot of wasabi.

Matcha Cream: My ever preferred dessert, perfect, must taste!

Ocha Tea: For drink, today I have practice how to drink: how to put both hands and drink in 3 times. But also the coke is perfect for the dishes.

Yakisoba: The best that I ever tasted...BUT this is the dish that have lost quality, the omelette is smaller and the beef ... Doesn't mater still been the best Yakisoba that I can find.

Moriwase: Well is ok but I don't like the "white" fish, the rest is great!

What about the price? Expensive, for the 3 dishes, 23 Euros close to 4000 Yens!
The Japanese Bar
The Shop
The tables
ratu says:
I'm sure too, but in nagoya's area I won't taste sushi, I will do it at Tokyo (Tsukiji)
Posted on: May 21, 2008
reikunboy says:
okonomiyaki's the best you'll love it. It's typical Osakan food
Posted on: May 19, 2008
ratu says:
I hope so!
Do you think that I'm ready for
I can't find Okonomiyaki here! :(