Sakura Sushi

Brandvold gata 1A, Lillestrøm, Norway - +47 63 80 01 90

Sakura Sushi Lillestrøm Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Exceptionally good sushi Feb 19, 2012
Sakura Sushi is located in Lillestrøm, a small town between Oslo and Oslo Airport Gardermoen. This is a family business run by a lovely Vietnamese family. They always greet you with a warm smile., are friendly and helpful. I also like the name of the restaurant, Sakura means cherry blossom in English.

Sakura Sushi offers both sit-in dinning and take away. They offer sushi, Thai and Vietnamese dishes. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy. It´s a very simple café, but what they lack in atmosphere, they certainly make up for in great sushi, BIG TIME!

I´m a great sushi lover, and since their sushi is so delicious I have never ordered any of their Thai or Vietnamese dishes. Their nigeri sushi is just perfect with the exact right amount of rice and a bit of wasabi under a generous piece of fish. Sakura´s maki rolls are also great. I could eat there every day! The owners are also very generous. Yesterday I ordered 2 pieces of salmon nigeri and they gave me 4. My friend ordered 10 pieces of nigeri and they gave him 13. Last time we ordered take away, we ordered 50 pieces of nigeri sushi and they gave us 60. Every time we order they seem to throw in a few extra pieces. I find this exceptionally generous since the prices are very reasonable to begin with.

If your path ever leads you to this part of the world, Sakura Sushi is highly recommendable.

Opening hours:

Tuesday – Sunday: 3 pm – 11 pm, Monday closed
Spicy tuna maki with chili sauce, …
Spicy tuna maki with chili sauce
Tempura maki
Salmon nigeri
sarahsan says:
I couldn´t agree with you more Alyssa!
Posted on: Feb 21, 2012
alyssa_ob says:
Oooh, that looks good! I love the local places that recognize their regulars :)
Posted on: Feb 21, 2012
sarahsan says:
They have such great sushi Sylvia! It´s very difficult not eating too much since they always give you a few extra pieces. And like you said, you want to try everything.
Posted on: Feb 20, 2012
mereteb1982 mereteb1…
Delicious and cheap Aug 02, 2011
Sakura Sushi is the best place for getting sushi in Lillestrøm. They are much cheaper than the others and the food is also better. They have always fresh fish and you are always greeted with a hue smile when you walk through the door. They have both take away and a sit-in-restaurant.

You can also order other thaidishes like nudles. Can really recommend the Pad-thai along with the sushi. On sundays they are really busy, so might be 30min waiting, but it's worth it.
sylviandavid says:
Very nice review... and nice pictures..
Posted on: Feb 19, 2012