Sakura Ryokan Hotel Tokyo
Average rate: $39 - Hotel class: 2 stars
2-6-2 iriya taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Sakura Ryokan Hotel Tokyo Rates and Deals
Sakura Ryokan Hotel Tokyo Reviews
A dark, sad, unwelcoming ryoken hotel in Tokyo Feb 06, 2011
Our reservation here was supposed to be for five nights but immediately after we arrived at this place, my husband and I both agreed we can't. Since we could not cancel our first night's reservation, the first thing we did when we got to our room was to book for another hotel to transfer to.
Why? Here are the reasons:
1) It was not near at all to Ueno train station as they say. The nearest local train station was even a good 10 minute walk from this ryokan.
2) The entrance to the hotel was not on the ground floor so you
have to take the stairs with your luggage. There was a sign there
though that if you have a luggage, you could ring the reception
and take the elevator which was hidden somewhere at the back.
3) Upon entering the reception, the place was so dark and the reception counter looked like an old cobbler and locksmith's place or an antique shop.
4) The staff at the reception was an old man who looked as sad as the place. He was not friendly at all. We guessed that he's the one who'd been responding to our enquiries on email and we were wrong to think that his unhelpful replies
were just because of language barrier. We inquired via email if he could recommend to us a place where we could watch a sumo wrestling match and his answer was "I have no idea."
5) The whole place was really old looking and dark. The guests were also mostly old, local, Japanese men. Not that I have anything against them but what I'm saying is that it seemed to be not meant for foreign tourists but more for local travelers.
6) The lift was so small, it could only fit two people and two luggages.
7) The room had wifi but their instruction manual on how to connect was obsolete and was just confusing.
8) The private toilet in the room was right at the area when you enter the room door. Then there's another door inside going to the bedroom. The airconditioner/heater was only within the bedroom so everytime you get out of the shower, you'd be freezing.
9) We didn't feel safe at all in and around the hotel.
I really do not recommend this hotel. It was below our expectations and below standards. For a few more yen, you could get a decent 4 star hotel already. This was not really worth saving a few yen.
Part of the On a Honeymoon Forever travel blog
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Sakura Ryokan Hotel Tokyo Overview
Located in the popular district of Taito, the Sakura Ryokan Hotel Tokyo is within walking distance of several Tokyo attractions, including Ryounkaku.
Sakura Ryokan Hotel Amenities