Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro Tokyo

Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro Tokyo Rates and Deals

Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro Tokyo Reviews

LMohney20 LMohney20
Perfect for what I needed Oct 30, 2014
Before checking into Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro, I was Couchsurfing and let's just say that the experience was a bit like sleeping on a cold, hard cave floor, which is why I decided to play it safe and go for a hotel instead. The directions from the station to the hotel were extremely unclear, and if you have a large bag the walk is not a fun one, but despite everything up to walking through the doors I was just happy to have a place to call home base. The staff was great, they spoke English, and they provided me with directions and an easier route to and from the Ikebukuro train station. The luggage holding area wasn't very big at all and there was a large group of people waiting to check in when I got there, but I was able to head out and explore the area for a while before coming back to check in and I didn't have to take my bags with me.

There was a 7/11 around the corner, which anyone that travels to Japan will know is a lifesaver because they all have free wifi, pre made meals, and ATMs that take international cards (almost all other ATMs don't). The staff let me choose which of the bunk beds I wanted and the bed, when I got there, was clean and I had all of my own sheets, blankets, and pillow. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the mattress was just a touch softer than the hardwood floor I had been sleeping on the night before, so you should probably be prepared for that.

Other than that, the accommodations were great. It was like many other hostels where you have to buy your own breakfast. They have an option where you can pay 330 yen to have all you can eat breakfast at their cafe next door (literally, all you can eat toast and jam with a coffee) which I didn't feel was as good as some of the more filling breakfast items in the 7/11, but they had a kitchen and a lounge and wifi. All the things any traveler on a budget needs to survive.
ellechic ellechic
Affordable, clean hostel/hotel in a great area of Tokyo! Jan 08, 2010
I stayed at Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro Tokyo in both their dorms (6-bed dorm)and private room (with ensuite bathroom) in the 3 occasions I stayed in Tokyo in between my visits to different area of Japan during this trip: two 1-nighters and a 2-night stay.

The hotel/hostel consists of 2 buildings. One buidling is a hotel and offers short-term stays (1-6 months), while the others serves as their hostel building.

I stayed at both buildings during my stay.

The dorms were clean and the bunk bed (I was in the lower bunk)was surprisingly comfortable. The bathrooms and showers were clean and they provide toiletries for free. The kitchen is equipped with cooking tools for those who want to make their own food and was comfortable. For 3,000yen (~$30), it was a good price to stay in Tokyo when on a budget.

The private rooms costs 7,000yen ($70). They were small, typical of Japanese hotel rooms with a small ensuite shower/bathroom. They were clean and also provided free toiletries as well as pajamas, robes, and slippers! The room has free internet via USB (cable included) and tv.

The staff was friendly and speaks English well.

There is a cafe on the lobby area that is open 24-hours for those who wants to lounge and surf the net (computers w/ internet for a fee is available) or if you have your own laptop, WIFI is free!

Location-wise, it was great!

It's 5-6 blocks away from JR Ikebukuro Station and less than that to Ikebukuro Metro Station and other stations.

They are close to a post office (foreign card accepted ATM), 7-Elevens, malls and tons of restaurants just 2 blocks away!

On the other side of the JR Ikebukuro Station, you can find malls, a long stretch of stores and shop catering to shoppers and video game arcades!

I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Tokyo!
hermandelaserna says:
Great review!

I've stayed there twice and the latest was in Feb 2012. For beer-lovers, their cafe offers an international selection of beers!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2012
Glynnes says:
Very informative review. Thanks.
Posted on: May 31, 2010

Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro Tokyo Overview

When staying at the Sakura Ikebukuro, guests may want to visit the Tokyo National Museum, Namco Namja Town, and the Sunshine International Aquarium. Guests can also visit Tokyo Tower, Disneyland, and other popular tourist spots. The city has plenty of shopping, dining, and nightlife opportunities that guests can experience as well. The hotel is within walking distance of Ikebukuro Station. Guests will find many forms of public transportation, including cabs, which can take them to all of the sites of interest on their itinerary. Some locations are within just a short walking distance of the Sakura Hotel in Ikebukuro.

All of the 92 rooms at the Sakura Ikebukuro Hotel have air conditioning. The rooms also offer access to the Internet, bathrooms, hairdryers, and refrigerators.

Guests will be able to begin each day with a breakfast at the hotel. The onsite restaurant offers Western, Asian, and Japanese food. The property has a refreshment bar as well that offers drinks and snacks. The Internet café is available 24 hours a day.

Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes