Sakonnet Vineyards

www.sakonnetwine.com - (401) 635-8486

Sakonnet Vineyards Little Compton Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great selection with something for eveyone to choose Nov 18, 2010
For $10, you get to select which ever 6 wines you want from their list of 18. That's a good option to have when you may prefer whites or red or some of their dessert wines.

The drive along the coast down to Little Compton is so scenic and serene. Once you arrive, they have ample parking. Your fee includes a short film and a tour (if you're interested), but when I was there, when they announced the last film and tour was beginning, everyone continued to hover around the bar like the lushes and alcoholics we are!

I really enjoyed access to selecting the wines "I" wanted to try instead of being given what they had. Their large selection offers you variety. I was disappointed with the port, but it was only 3 years old and I don't think I've ever had any port that was under 10. The sweetest dessert wine was actually too sweet, but I did end up buying the other dessert wine (whose name I can't presently recall). I bought 2 whites, one of which was a lovely Vidal.

I was there in November and it was later in the evening, so although they have seating outside, it began to get too chilly to sit outside with a glass of wine. But the atmospher is so lovely, that if you go, you prepare to stay a while after your tasting.
Entre vous here