Sakana Sushi

Prinsensgate 2, Oslo, Norway
+47 22 42 67 50
Sakana Sushi - Sushi medium (3 salmon, 2 halibut, 1 tuna, 1 heart shell and 3 norimaki))
Sakana Sushi - Miso soup
Sakana Sushi - Sakana Sushi
Sakana Sushi - Inside, ground floor
Sakana Sushi - Inside, first floor
Sakana Sushi - First floor

Sakana Sushi Oslo Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Not a great experience Jun 25, 2010
Being a great sushi lover I always look for restaurants serving nice sushi. At Tripadvisor I had read very good reviews about Sakana Sushi. It was cheap (for Norway) and served great sushi. The atmosphere should be nice as well.

I must admit that I was quite disappointed. Sakana is a small restaurant run by a Vietnamese couple. It is a very small place on two floors with three tables on the ground floor and three tables on the first floor. The restaurant could have had a cozy atmosphere, but I found it without a soul. The restaurant is also located in a less nice part of town. During the day it is a normal business area, but in the evening it is where the drug addicts and prostitutes hang out. They will not bother you, so if you don´t mind you can easily get to the restaurant without trouble.

The waitress was as sweet as she could be, a bit shy, but service was very slow. I ordered a miso soup to start with. The soup was good. It took quite a while after I had finished it and before I was served the sushi. When the sushi was served the dirty soup bowl was left on the table.

The prices were good, but I was not impressed by the sushi. It was presented nicely, but a bit tasteless and boring. The rice part was very hard. While I was sitting there, surprisingly many people stopped by to pick up their Take Away. It must be because of the prices!

Sushi menus were $9/$14/$19/$24 for 7 pieces/10 pieces/15 pieces/20 pieces. Individual sushi were from $1,40 - $3,30. They also do take away menus, which are a bit cheaper.

I would rather spend a little more money and go to a nicer place. I would not recommend Sakana Sushi.
Sushi medium (3 salmon, 2 halibut,…
Miso soup
Sakana Sushi
Inside, ground floor
yasuyo says:
For sure sometimes! But not newest one which you showed me:) You're a pioneer for there! :D
sarahsan says:
Yes, I will Yasuyo! Have not got around to do it yet, but it will come. Kurasushi gets a 5* from me! Have you tried it?
yasuyo says:
Ohh dear,you should review for Kurazushi:D hehe:)

Check Oslo Hotel Deals