Sakana Sushi and Grill

20250 N 59th Ave # A11 Glendale, Glendale, AZ, USA - 623-566-3595

Sakana Sushi and Grill Glendale Reviews

vmehnert vmehnert
AMAZING sushi at a reasonable price May 12, 2011
I am Japanese. This makes things difficult when my friends want to go out for sushi. I'm not big on the whole California roll, imitation crab, mayonnaise thing- but that's what sells in the U.S. I'm much more about getting a plate of fresh sashimi from chefs who can describe to you exactly where the fish came from.

Sakana appeals to both the westernized sushi set and to hardcore sushi traditionalists. You know the place is legit when you see a Japanese family eating alongside a group of businessmen on their lunch break and EVERYBODY is satisfied. Famous Japanese people have come through here too, knowing that the Japanese management and (mostly) Japanese staff will provide service equal to back home. When I was working here (yeah, I'll elaborate), baseball players Ichiro and Kuroda would pop in during their spring training.

So yeah, I worked here for 4 years- and there's a reason why I did so. The staff is so friendly (chat up Yoshie or Junji... they're a riot), and hello.... the sushi is amazing. I'm living in Tokyo at the moment, and, no joke, there are days when I crave sushi from Sakana.

Check Glendale Hotel Deals