Saint Paul Hotel Nha Trang

Saint Paul Hotel Nha Trang Rates and Deals

Saint Paul Hotel Nha Trang Reviews

jenlee82 jenlee82
A Regretful Experience Sep 29, 2010
I would like to consider myself pretty well-traveled. The SE Asia trip was my third backpacking trip and Vietnam was something like the 20th country to visit. Having said this, I've been through all kinds of accomodations and am not too fussy about the little details. However, This so-called 'Hotel' by far tops the list for the worst lodging world-wide, by far!

I booked this hotel through agoda.com, which I will get to in a minute. I normally do not trust the pictures that they put up but the beds looked nice and the rooms looked spacious, and the lobby looked very inviting. Despite some bad reviews, I thought it would not be such a bad choice to stay for two nights in Nha Trang. I booked online with my credit card and paid altogether $40 USD, 20 for each night.

I remembered a piece of advice I picked up on the road, which is to walk into your hotel and not telling them that you have a reservation but ask to see the rooms that they have available and then ask for the price.

When the shuttle bus dropped me off after circling around the block for a few times, at a shady alleyway, far from the beach strip, I'd figured, this can't be that bad. I walked into the dimly lit lobby and asked to see the rooms available. They showed me a closet-sized room, which they called superior room , a medium sized room, which they called the deluxe room, and a large room, which they called the VIP room. The prices were: $10, 20, and 40 for the night, respectively. Since I booked the superior room at $20 a night, I came down to the lobby and showed them my receipt asking for an explanation why there was a $7 discrepancy. After 5 minutes of rambling on about some service fee they have to pay to the website that I booked through (agoda), a manager was called on the phone and they refunded $5 per night. The remaining $5 was for some service fee that I had to be responsible for, which I still do not understand to this day what that was about, but decided to let go because it's only 5 bux. The fact that I've been cheated this way already upset me but to top it off, as I've nestled in on the bed to sleep, I found something tickling my arm. To my panic, I found a trail of ants under my pillows! I thought about calling the lobby, but I decided to let go because I am in a tropical place. The triple strike that sent me down the lobby mad the next morning was that there was a construction on the building, as they were renovating (i couldn't see this when I arrived because it was pitch dark) and they started drilling and hammering down the wall at 6AM! This lasted until I checked out the next morning at 9AM with a refund for the second night. I really hope that they shape up and do a proper job serving their guests because there are plenty of hotels out there that are closer to the beach and the night scene.

Saint Paul Hotel Nha Trang Overview

Welcome to Saint Paul Hotel in Nha Trang beach city! Opened in early 2009 we offer Nha Trangs newest, coolest accommodation with great facilities, friendly service and hard-to-beat prices. Saint Paul offers luxury rooms at budget prices in the south end of Nha Trang, only a five minutes walk to the fantastic white sand beach and local entertainment spots. We are in easy reach of the town centre, bars, restaurants and shops. 45 minutes from NhaTrang airport Located in Nha Trang center 3 minutes walk to the beachSaint Paul emphasizes personal service and our staffs are committed to making your stay enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to Nha Trang Beach and Saint Paul Hotel. We have 24 hour reception, airport to hotel transport, safety deposit box in your room, laundry service, DVD players (deluxe and suite rooms), free wireless internet, satellite TV, maid service, tour desk, we speak English and Vietnamese. Cleanliness is guaranteed 24 hours a day, not only in rooms, but in every corner of the hotel, helping guests to enjoy a relaxing, safe and comfortable atmosphere during their stay at our hotel. Furthermore, epidemic control procedures will keep our hotel free from pests like flies, mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches, and mice without affecting the environment or you. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us!!!

Saint Paul Hotel Amenities

• Shops
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower