Saint Julien vs The French Stall

Singapore, Singapore

Saint Julien vs The French Stall Singapore Reviews

marvin_tpr marvin_t…
Saint Julien, great experince in Singapore Nov 03, 2009
It was some time ago, but I am still impressed. Yes, wine is extremely expensive by the European standards, but overall experience was great.
petitefleur petitefl…
Apr 18, 2007
J'aime Beaucoup La Cuisine! French food's my life, from croissants, to escargots, to foie gras, to brandades, to crepes, to souffles! Yummy yummy!

There are 2 great French establishments in Singapore that are my absolute favorite. The French stall, located in Little India, is an outdoor hawker that's really cheap and friendly. The chef is French, and he's accompanied by a team of laidback local staff that provides basic, unpretentious service. What's really yummy's the escargots and the duck risotto cooked in red wine sauce. I had it once, and the beautiful taste still lingers on my fantasy buds today =)

On the contrary, Saint Julien is an upscale restaurant overseeing the Singapore River. Service is impeccable, and the menu and wine list's really impressive. My favorite time of the meal's when the local waiters come around with the cheese trolley, and meticulously dictate the different types of cheeses available. Singapore is a non-cheese producing country, and it is interesting to observe how much effort is put into learning and remembering the cheeses. I had the best lamb in my life at Saint Julien, served simply with olive tapenade and its own jus. The foie gras was seared to perfection and served with a luscious cognac sauce, an interesting combination I never imagined.

For people who live to eat like me, do visit when you have a chance!
travelman727 says: