Saint Christophe Hotel Paris

Saint Christophe Hotel Paris Rates and Deals

Saint Christophe Hotel Paris Reviews

dearjohn dearjohn
You're not going to do much better in Paris Mar 26, 2012
Like everyone else, I jump on Hostelworld and Hostelz to read reviews before I book my accommodations. Surprisingly, Paris doesn't have many highly rated hostels. The two that get the best marks, Le Village and Saint Christopher's, are good but at the expense of location. You're not going to find many good options next door to Notre Dame. Having stayed at both Le Village and Saint Christopher's, the latter gets my nod of approval.

Saint Christopher's is very modern and has a lot of good things going for it: large, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, and a heck of a bar downstairs. The dorms may be the best I've stayed in, with comfortable bunks that have their own privacy curtains, outlets, and lockers. The center of the room is spacious with a table and couch. The Belushi bar is also fantastic: its always pretty crowded and social with a pool table and a decent menu (although it's not very French!). I spent way more on drinks then I was planning to, but that was the price of a great time.

The snacks downstairs are actually reasonable, but there's a market nearby if you want to save.

The location is by the Crimee station which is far the city center. However, the metro is VERY easy to use. So while it may be a pain to have to change once or twice to get to the major attractions in Paris, it's worth being in the better hostel that's in a nice, safe neighborhood.

There were some annoyances:

1. Upon arrival, I found that their luggage storage is NOT free. You have to pay for a locker (which doesn't dispense change) downstairs. You can choose to leave your bags in the room and not pay for a locker, but the room itself is dark and unmonitored. I almost avoided the scam and left my bags in a corner, but I didn't make it out of the door before I quickly changed my mind and decided it wasn't worth losing some or all of my stuff over 5 euro. Pretty cheesy, but I'm sure they make a ton off of it.

2. Although each bunk has it's own gigantic locker, the locking rings are enormous. The standard zipper lock that all backpackers carry is NOT going to cut it. Conveniently, the hostel sells large padlocks for 5 euros ;) Another subtle rip off. I noticed no one else in my room bothered locking their stuff.

3. No laundry on site. There's a laundry place down the street but I didn't try it.

4. No kitchen or refrigerator. So much for that supermarket I told you about.

Bottom line: This isn't the best hostel I've ever stayed at, but it is without a doubt the one I would pick if I return to Paris. Part of that is because the quality places are few and far between, but if you value a clean, modern place to stay where it's easy to meet other travelers, you can't do much better.
Men's room at Belushi's
bohemiaworld says:
great review and i defo agree with the little hidden rip-offs !! i loved it there and the bar was a great way to meet people as i was on my own there and thought bored in the evenings.... hope you had a good time there
Posted on: Sep 10, 2011
natalyaS natalyaS
Good value for money in Paris Sep 04, 2011
This hotel is located in the Latin Quarter, conveniently located and just a stone throw away from the nearest metro. We stayed for three nights and received a twin room with a view over the courtyard. We had very little noise in our room which was great, but unfortunately the courtyard isnt much too look at. The personnel at reception were friendly and helpful. The bathroom only had a shower and the room is quite small for two people to share, but I think for a three star hotel and the price we paid this is definitely good value for money.
iznala iznala
Excellent Jun 28, 2011
Excellent great location, clean, helpful staff ,the interior design is really nice ,The Hostel is just too good.The staff is fantastic.The manger is wonderful, very caring and kind.The place is very clean and organized
cristina_o cristina…
Great hostel Mar 02, 2011
Loved this hostel, mainly because of the private curtains around each bed! Rare to find any privacy while backpacking and jumping from hostel to hostel. Great location as well, 5 minutes from the subway station. Have recommended it to all my friends that were going to the area, and will stay there again this summer.
brownie67 brownie67
Good hotel in Paris Quartier Latin Jan 06, 2010
This hotel has a friendly, helpful staff, is clean and quite spacious for a Paris hotel. Good facilities and good breakfast.

Saint Christophe Hotel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower