Saint Anthony Retreat Center

Check Three Rivers Hotel Deals

Saint Anthony Retreat Center Three Rivers Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
a perfect place for silence and solitude May 12, 2013
I needed a personal retreat a few days before my birthday. I was referred to this place by a lady who also manages a bed & breakfast inn in Three Rivers, CA.

Saint Anthony Retreat is exactly the kind of retreat venue I was looking for – calm, quiet, and comfortable.

The beautiful gardens, the lofty mountain views and the bubbling sound of the river nearby makes it a perfect place for silence and solitude.

The retreat house is nestled in the foothills of Sequoia National Park. They cater to group retreats (both religious and “secular” conferences and gatherings).

The Retreat House opened in September 20-23, 1963! So yes, the place is quite an institution now but it is still as beautiful as it was.

The center is equipped with conference halls, dining hall, 39 rooms furnished with two twin beds and a private bath for overnight accommodations for up to 100 guests. Additionally, there are 4 rooms with 3 twin beds and a private bath perfect for families on retreat.

I believe they also accommodate travelers visiting the Sequoia National Park during off retreat days. I was fortunate; during the time I was there I almost got the place to myself because there were no scheduled group retreats.

The retreat house is managed by the Franciscans but it is open to people from all denominations.

They have free Wi-Fi access but only in the Lobby. I didn’t go online so that was fine!

The only cell phone company that offers service in this area is AT&T. Mine is a different carrier so I did not get a signal the whole time I was there. Like I said it is absolutely okay because I was there for a retreat anyway.

My three meals were included in the daily rate. Meal service schedule is the following:

Breakfast: 8–9AM Lunch:12-1PM Dinner: 6–7PM

They also provide some snacks and beverages at the dining hall.

St. Anthony Retreat also has a gift shop.

Room 8 is where I stayed with 2 twin beds, a closet (piled up with extra sheets & pillows), a ceiling fan, an AC, a table lamp, and an old lazy boy in one corner.

The bathroom is nice (quite outdated but clean). The hot & cold water were quite dificult to balance but the pressure was strong! I heard strange sound each time I flushed the toilet! :D

Room 8 has a huge window with a beautiful view of the mountains!

I didn’t have any structure (or schedule) except for meal times. I was free to walked around the gardens, read books at the lobby, wrote my journals in my room, listened to music from my iPod and just enjoyed the quiet and peaceful setting at my leisure.

I experienced a “double dose” of hospitality from the staffs!

I will stay there again for personal or for “couples’ retreat”!
entrance
flowers in the garden
frames to welcome guests
lobby
sweettangerine says:
Hello May, thank you for your nice comments. For some odd reason I cannot post anything on your profile. i must have dropped out of your friends list? Can you please add me again? many thanks in advance ;-)
Posted on: May 26, 2013
X_Drive says:
I was there for a business conference once before I retired. A one day thing. We found it quite nice! :D
Posted on: May 13, 2013
EvaJ27 says:
Looks like a peaceful place :)
Posted on: May 13, 2013