Sail Rock (dive site)

Sail Rock (dive site) Reviews

lee-arnold lee-arno…
Voted the best dive site in the gulf of Thailand May 04, 2011
From Ko Phangan it took us aboutt an hour by boat to get there, even though you can see it straight away in the distance ( pinnacle rock in the middle of the sea aboutt 8 meters high). Some days ive been told that it can get very busy with aboutt 20 - 30 boats being there, we were lucky as there was only 6.. we went with Sail Rock divers and they were very good in the teaching if needed and all the setting up.

We had a brief on what was going to happen and the safety points and then got kitted up for the first of 2 dives. Being a diver my self i was allowed to go deeper than the others with my dive buddy. The dive was soooo cool it is amazing to see all the coral and different fish in the area.. i went down to aboutt 30 meters for aboutt 45 mins..

Once back on board we had a break to chat and have some food and drink ( all included), and as before we had the briefs on the dive. This time i was going to go down the chimney ( hole in the side of the rock) it starts at aboutt 8 meters and you come out at about 18 meters down. Very good time to get some photos taken. On this dive i stayed at aboutt 20 meters and above getting more time to take loads of photos, i was down for aboutt 50 mins. It was a good as the first dive..

I was glad that i hired out a camera as i can show my family the experience i had, the only thing i was gutted about was not seeing the massive whale sharks but it was still a very good 2 dives...
Thailand Map