Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant

716 S Eldorado Rd Bloomington, Bloomington, IL, USA
309 - 661 - 0853
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - dinning area
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - dinning area
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - papadam!!
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - pakora
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - pakora
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - chana masala..
Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant - rice dish with lentil soup. forgot to write it down.

Sai Sandhya Indo-Mexican Restaurant Bloomington Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Indo-Mexican cuisine, minus the Mexican.. Mar 25, 2011
I didn't expect this to be a great culinary experience. It was my curiosity that lead me to give it a try. Serioulsy, how often will you come across a restaurant serving Indo-Mexican food?? And what exactly is Indo-Mexican food? I have had Indo-Chinese food and its pretty good.

Well there was no Indo-Mexican cuisine. The owners thought they could do better business by also serving Mexican food at their Indian restaurant. However, there was also no Mexican selections available on the menu. i asked the owner about it, thinking that maybe he was a new owner and just didn't take down the sign from a previous owner yet. Also restaurant had a completely different name on its Menu than what was displayed outside.. all very confusing..

The owner replied to my inquiry that they will be adding mexican food to the menu in a couple of weeks, but when I looked only to obtain the address and correct spelling of the restaurant I saw that they had a grand opening last November.

Well despite all the above I figured I could at least give the place a try, I might prove to be a great hole-in-the-wall find.

not so..

I loved the papadam and the thick spicy orange dipping sauce, I asked what it was but I had a difficult time understanding the owner. He spoke in low tones. The veggie pakora was so so. and I was not a fan of the chana masala. It was served in a creamy sauce and was not very spicy, I requested Medium. I also tried a rice dish that was served in a lentil soup. It was not what I had expected. The menu described it as a rice and lentil dish, I was thinking rice and lentils mixed together, what I got looked more like a vegetable biryani.

The place did not do very much business. My co worker and I were the only customers dinning and a couple of people came in for take-out.

The food was not horrible, but there are other indian places nearby that are not much more expensive and twenty times better.
dinning area