Saguijo Cafe Bar

Guijo Street, Makati City, Philippines

Saguijo Cafe Bar Makati City Reviews

roseraven11 roserave…
Saguijo Cafe Bar = The Place for the Philippine Music Scene Apr 12, 2009
If you're looking to try the Pinoy alternative music, Saguijo is the place to be. Located in Guijo street, it's a quaint little bar where a lot of big name bands play gigs.

It's small, and the place tends to get REALLY packed when popular bands play. However, cramping inside the bar is completely worth it, because once the music starts playing... everybody's just rocking out.

I can't really express into words how going to Saguijo gig feels like, so I'm going to link this review to someone who's more well-versed than I am:

"It all boils down to this: "Why go to a gig?" We go because it is fun. We go because there are people there who actually like us. Just as screwed up and just as extraordinary. We go because we belong…for once. We go because we don't want to think about school. We go because we want to quit our day-jobs. We go because we're sick of worrying about money. We go because we're looking. For something. For someone. We go because we want to forget. We go because we need to remember. And we always…ALWAYS…go for the Music. Music of our own. Music that our parents will never like. Music that some of our "peers" will never understand. Music worth fighting for. Music that may or may not provide answers. I mean…shit…are we even asking the right questions? But, in the end, we go for Music that expresses how WE feel. Because if some dude on stage is screaming his guts out, singing about things that WE experience on a daily basis…then maybe we're NOT as alone as we thought we were. Pretty damned empowering for a generation that is constantly being reminded that it has no power in the grander scheme of things. Or are we?

It took me a lifetime to find people in Manila I could really relate to.

But you know what?

It was worth the wait."

Credit goes to: -C.C.- from the Saguijo blog.

Check Makati City Hotel Deals