Sagrada Família

C Mallorca 401, Barcelona, Spain

Sagrada Família Barcelona Reviews

koks_55 koks_55
Very Big Gothic Style Church "Temple Aug 20, 2011
Sagrada Família is a very Large Church "Temple"

It is really different that other Church as it is built with a Gothic style, I really was interested in visiting it as in Egypt we dont have this style of Chruches

I would highly reccomend If you like to visit museums and temples that u should go there... its an amazing place

I'll post some pics so you can see If you are intersetd in it or not.

Also I would like to suggest you get the earphone guide, it really help :)

Vipin Vipin
Stunning, iconic, sublime Aug 30, 2009
Although work for the Sagrada Familia commenced in the nineteenth century, it has yet to be completed in full and is expected to be finished within the next 20 years.

You might be wandering what is taking so long, but patience is definitely a virtue here. Gaudi took over from the responsibilities of construction pretty much as soon as it began, and devoted the last few years of his life to it. The Roman Catholic church is a wonderful mixture of gothic and art nouveau work. I love the combination of stonework. At one point, you see these wonderful biblical figures carved out ornately. Yet a minute or so later, you see these solidly cut figures.

Apart from Christianity, the cathedral takes a lot of influence from nature, and various motifs are evident throughout the building.

Very recently, the pope upgraded this church to serve as a minor basilica; a very well deserved honour for such an amazing church.

Entrance price is between 10 and 15 euros, and a rather large deposit is required for audio guide rental. I think the stuff requested was 50 Euros or your passport as a deposit, so make sure you have plenty of cash! The audioguide is well worth it for just the right amount of information while you are walking around.

This is so far the best church I have visited in Spain, and ranks among the top five churches I have visited in Europe. Highly recommended viewing.
montecarlostar says:
It is! I mean this is definitively one of the greatest cathedrals, but not my style I guess haha :D
Vipin says:
no Carlos!! i think the style is really cool and i've not seen one like it before. well at least you admit it's stunning!
montecarlostar says:
I know this Church is stunning, but for some reason I don't like the style so much. From the distance it looks as if the towers are melting or something. I know this is surely an ignorant misapreciation from my side, but for me Florence's or Milan duomos are 100 times more beautiful and impressive :) Just my 20 cents :)

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals