Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

Sagrada Familia Barcelona Reviews

evahistory evahisto…
Sagrada familia Apr 08, 2011
The most famous Gaudi building (beautiful church), which began construction in 1882, and is still unfinished.Do not miss this amazing piece of architecture!!
vila vila
Wow! Just wow!!! May 31, 2011
Twice I had been standing outside Gaudi's famous church. Twice I was rushed by my travel companions, that we didn't have time to go inside. Not this time!

I love Antoni Gaudi's work, and swore that one day I will be back and see the Sagrada Familia inside. So, the five hours between flights were perfect to do it. But, alas, I almost didn't make it. Let me just say, don't trust Barcelona's local bus drivers: I asked to get off at the Sagrada Familia, but the bus driver just forgot (?) about me. Took me an hour to get there from Placa Catalunya, when it's just about 15 minutes. In front of the church a looong line. Well, it IS Barcelona's main tourist attraction, so this was expected. Already annoyed by the long bus drive, and now this long line, I was almost about to turn around and drive back to the airport. After all, I couldn't miss my flight. But, I stood in line, and - oh, wonder - it took just about 5 minutes to enter (!!!). Perfect!

I was in. Let me just say this much: totally worth it! Wow!!! Let the photos tell the story of the Sagrada Familia ...
Della Della
Sagrada Familia Sep 21, 2011
Wow! A marvel! Genius! Beautiful! Wow! Gaudi was a genius. I took one of the free tours around Barcelona to see all the works of Gaudi. I highly recommend the tour, donations were accepted at the end. La Sagrada Familia was the last stop of the tour. It was amazing.

For the free tour, you don't go on the inside, they only give you the history and show you how to get to the locations. You have to go back on your own time to actually tour the inside. It was free!

Nothing in the WORLD can compare to the works of Gaudi. Nothing! Nothing! This man was before his time.

The answer to the question, If you every could talk to someone alive or dead, who would it be....My answer would be Gaudi!
Tour guide holding up a picture of…
Della says:
Hi RhodaH, I sadly did not visit Parc Guell. The guide did give us instructions on how to get there.
RhodaH says:
Fantastic place to visit!! Did yu manage to visit Parc Guell??
brettjayhawk says:
Was there about 2 months ago wish I would have known about it... darn.
mirelu mirelu
A must see Jun 06, 2011
La Sagrada Familia is one of Gaudi's most famous works in Barcelona. It's a giant Basilica that has been under construction since 1882.

The building is still under construction so be prepared to see a lot of work continuing when you visit. However this in itself is interesting, especially if you visit the museum inside the building. There you will see the stone masons at work carving stones to be used in the building.

Regardless of all the controversy surrounding the Sagrada Familia it is a truly magnificent building and an absolute must-see when you visit Barcelona.
danj40 danj40
La Sagrada Familia Apr 26, 2011
I had the opportunity to see La Sagrada Familia last summer while in Barcelona. The structure has been under construction for over 100 years and is apparently nearing completion. However it is quite a work in progress while under construction. The cost is 11 euros for an individual tour (admission essentially) and 15 for a guided tour. In my estimation, it's not worth the money. The best views are to be seen from outside the structure - where Gaudi focused most of his efforts. This of course, is free!
Sagrada Familia - North Side
Sagrada Familia - South Side
Resinee Resinee
Le Sagrade Familia Jul 24, 2011
If you would plan to Barcelona, This attraction is my first choice must be go there which is amazing and incredible, I can't imagine that building created by 200 years ago. They maintained the building very new. Although the entrance fee is most expensive compare with the other attraction. this is worth to getting in.

Related Travel Blogs About Sagrada Familia

My most powerful travel experiences
Watching Green turtles laying eggs and leatherback hatchlings flip down the beach in Borneo, Malaysia Dusk on the Kinabatangan River, the heavy golden light and hornbills, Malaysia Carvings of Ba…Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain Wandering the ruins of Chellah in Rabat and people watching at Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca…
Barcelona Day 2
     Today was our full day in Barcelona. We had another early wakeup but not as early as some of the other days. Colin was going to lead a morning walk tour through the Gothic Qu…Barcelona skyline including the famous Sagrada Familia and the Mediteranean Sea. Unfortunately the skies today were very overcast. We approached…
Barca is always good.
Well we got to the hostel, and on the way there, just after we left metro and stood on the street a woman tryed to help us to find the way - we must have looked a bit lost. but she hadnt any idea abo…Barcelona with Sagrada Familia - the most known landmark i guess for this great city. We entered into the church (for me it was something…

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals