Sage Bespoke Grill

Level 2, Makati City, Philippines

Sage Bespoke Grill Makati City Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Worth the Splurge! Feb 04, 2015
We checked in late at Makati Shangrila so after freshening up a bit, we decided we want to have dinner somewhere close by and asked the hotel reception for suggestions.

We were told about Sage being a grill place and since my companion is a steak lover, we decided to check it out.

It was a great decision. My companion naturally ordered medium cooked steak with his 2 side dishes. I ordered grilled prawns with grilled asparagus and sauteed spinach for side dishes. He paired it with a glass of red wine and mine, a white wine. We also ordered sparkling water.

We were served with bread which are ok. I think the complimentary bread basket in Sofitel were better as well as the butter options and olive oil options.

All our orders from main course to side dish and wine were very good. Everything taste great without making me feel tired of eating them which happens sometimes to me even with good food.

I had 3 huge pieces of prawns that my companion had to ask what they are because he though I ordered lobsters! :P They were served with their backs slit open which made it so easy for me to eat them. We took note of this because I have been ordering seafood (primarily prawns) during our El Nido trip and they werent presented this way, making it less easy to eat. The shrimp meat is soft and tasty. Just the right juicy and buttery flavor. I love it! The side dishes were great too so I finished them all till the last spoonful. :)

I was quite happy with my white wine which I made my companion choose for me. I asked for something not too sweet but fruity and not dry. I got exactly what I wanted! :)

I was curious about the steak and asked for a small slice to taste it. It was sooo good! The texture and softness of the meat is so perfect and the taste is great! Wow! One of the best steaks I have ever tasted. For the price, it was also worth it esp if I will compare to the most expensive steak I tried which was cured for sometime at another steak house. I didnt like it and it cost Php6,000 per order.

The steak in Sage is about less than Php3,000 ++ charges, if i remember right. The prices of steak in Metro Manila is about that price range so it doesnt feel too expensive.

We ordered Dessert Sampler to end our meal and it turn out to be a wonderful adventure of tasting different desserts. We liked the signature dessert of pudding and the chocolate ball the most. The 3 others were also good.

Overall, great experience! Total bill was a bit more than Php5,000. :) Highly recommend.

Check Makati City Hotel Deals