Saga Hotel Copenhagen

Saga Hotel Copenhagen Rates and Deals

Saga Hotel Copenhagen Reviews

PleaseDontBePsycho PleaseDo…
Safe but mediocre bet in Copenhagen Sep 01, 2010
The bottom line in Denmark is that you are not going to get a good place to stay for very cheap. I had to camp out in a hotel for one night before my lease started up, so I chose this place based on trip advisor ratings. Copenhagen is tricky that way, too - none of the reviews seem consistently stellar save for the handful of quite expensive accommodations. This place dances at the border of exiting hostel land and entering hotel land, except it has the atmosphere of a hotel....does that make sense? Not really - but you'll see what I mean if you stay here.

Pro: location - right by the Kobenhaven H station, which is the main train station in the city. You can get catch the s-train, metro or commuter trains from here. Good breakfast buffet which is included in what you pay for a room. The people at reception are pleasant and there is always someone there. There is a luggage room to store your stuff if you arrive early or late and it requires a swipe card (kept behind reception) to get into the room.

Con: lower value for your dollar. It sounds like this is how it is across the board in Copenhagen, and this place is no exception to the rule. I didn't notice the hairs or stain on the edge of the sheet til I woke up and was out of bed - so this made my sleep a lot easier. There was also a single duvet on a larger than twin mattress. The shower head was a bit broken on one end, so when I tried to add a bit of hot water to the cold it would spray in weird directions. Carpet looking a bit tired, spotted a burn hole.

In general, I would recommend this place despite its faults because...

1. The competition is the similar or worse. You are not going to find a room with a private bathroom, TV and hairdryer for less than what they are charging (~$90 CAD/night)

2. Good, quiet location. It's by other hotels, and the area is relatively well lit

3. You pay for everything in the cost of the room - some hostels charge per item, and the cost ends up being the same, and the quality is actually lower. i.e. at one hostel chain, the basic rates seem very low, when in fact things like room cards, mandatory sheet rentals etc. are added as a surcharge at the end of your stay.
grandmar says:
Good to know that about the hostels. I thought I might stay in one before I found this room
Posted on: Feb 08, 2017
kman773 kman773
Oct 22, 2010
I liked this place, just two blocks to the Central station, clean, friendly, easy to everywhere
Taken from my window at Saga Hotel
grandmar grandmar
Near Tivoli Jun 10, 2009
There was some kind of convention in town on the dates we were there, and this was the only hotel room we could get except for a hostel. It is very conveniently located near the train station and Tivoli in an area with a lot of other hotels.

The room has two twin beds with duvets, a flat screen TV locked to the wall, and a window out onto the courtyard which had two fiberglass cows in it, and also bikes which we could have rented from the hotel. We had a private bath. There were no elevators, but our room was on the first floor and was quiet as it was on the courtyard. We walked up to the second floor to get breakfast. Since it was cold and rainy while we were there we didn't need A/C

The receptionist told us that we could use the computer in the lobby for free, but that if we used the LAN cable in the room or the computer through the TV it would cost extra. I tried to log on from the lobby without success, and finally used their computer to send a message. The hotel receptionist told me that the hotel wi-fi was sagareception, and really it was Saga reception. Once I got logged on, I could send emails from the room, although if I didn't send stuff right away the wi-fi apparently lost interest in me and told me that I wasn't connected to the internet. Incidentally the hotel computer keyboard had the @ sign on a key in the third position which we never could figure out how to get to it. We always had to find one somewhere and copy it.

I had set the timer on the TV to wake us up at 6:45 and it actually did. We went to breakfast. Breakfast was very good - they had cereal and milk, orange and apple juice various kinds of bread (rye crisp, pumpernickel and white bread) butter, rolls, sliced meats, cheese, liver pate, and Danish. I particularly liked the chocolate one. They also had tea and coffee. Breakfast is 7 to 10:30.

We took naps and showered and then went out to see the city. We managed after some difficulty (asking directions 3 or 4 times - fortunately the hotel gave us a map with the hotel marked on it) to find our way back to our hotel which is on a very back street.

The menu on the TV tended to come up on the PPV area, but that there were free channels which had US movies on them. We could also sometimes get the Danish news and weather.

The charge on my credit card was $167/night for two people with a private bath and breakfast
Saga Hotel
Courtyard
Granddaughter sitting in the window
Bed

Saga Hotel Copenhagen Overview

The Saga hotel is a charming, family run hotel located in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. This popular Copenhagen hotel offers superb accommodation and a selection of great facilities at very reasonable rates!This charming Copenhagen hotel is housed within a late 19th century apartment style building. Accommodation in The Saga hotel comprises of 79 well appointed guestrooms. Each room layout differs from the next offering a unique experience for return guests!A variety of room types are available ranging from attractive doubles to more spacious family rooms making The Saga hotel an ideal accommodation choice for either business or leisure travellers. The Saga hotel offers a breakfast buffet service in the elegant breakfast room located on the second floor of this charming Copenhagen hotel. The Saga Hotel has a tranquil bar and lounge area where guests can relax and unwind after a hectic day. Friendly, professional staff are on hand around the clock ready to assist guests with information about the locality or travel, restaurant reservations. Experience the best in Danish hospitality when staying in The Saga hotel!

Saga Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Garden
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower