Safestay York

Check York Hotel Deals

Safestay York Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Good Hostel in York May 07, 2017
The Safestay Hostel is a pretty nice hostel situated ideally between the train station and the city center of York. I'd say that it was probably about a five to ten minute walk from the train station and about the same to most of the shops, restaurants, and bars.

I was in a six bunk room. It's a really small room but under each bed is a rolling locker that is huge so there is plenty of room to store everything you bring with you. The bathroom was very small but it's something that I became very accustomed to by the time I left Europe.

The rooms were maintained and spotless each day which was surprising considering how messy my roommates were. They were also incredibly loud but that's not the fault of the hostel. Noisy roommates was also something I became accustomed to by the time I left Europe.

I don't remember seeing an elevator on the property so be prepared to climb some stairs. The common areas were really nice. There was a lounge area with televisions and comfortable seating, as well as, three computers that were free to use.

There was also a game/bar area. It wasn't very big but it was nice. They are very strict about the curfew, though. I was playing pool with one of my roommates on the last night of my stay and we were promptly kicked out at 11pm. They also threw away my bottle of water while I wasn't looking.

The best part about the hostel for me were the beds. They came with curtains that gave you plenty of privacy and shield from any light. Each bed had its own electric outlet and reading light. And again, the lockers were huge.

My least favorite part about it was the wifi. I was told that they were working on it but by the third day I began to suspect that they never actually had it in the first place. They front desk employees were apologetic and nice about it. And they did remind me that there were computers that were free to use in the lounge area. And while I understand why there was a limit to how long you could use them before they automatically shut off, it was annoying having to walk back upstairs to extend my use considering I was the only one there.

All in all...not a bad place to stay.
Not exactly the greatest view but.…

Check York Hotel Deals