Sacred Valley Via Ferrata & Zip Line

Sacred Valley, Peru

Sacred Valley Via Ferrata & Zip Line Reviews

shunter206 shunter2…
Unforgettable Experience Mar 19, 2011
I found the Sacred Valley Via Ferrata listed in my Lonely Planet guidebook but after asking 5 different travel agencies in Cusco, I finally found one that sold the tour (it's in the main plaza in Cusco); otherwise I recommend calling them directly (see their Facebook page). It was well worth it.

It is about an hour + drive from Cusco in the Sacred Valley between Ollataytambo and Umbamba. We arrived, met our guides (Natalia and Alex) and received our safety instructions. The 1st leg of the trip you climb about 200 meters up using a ladder like system. There were some parts where the steps were far apart from each other and/or you had to go sideways across the mountain. Once you get up there you have a cable line to cross! Don't look down :) Then you climb another 100 meters where you then rapel down the side of the mountain for about 100 meters. After that, it's a 20 minute walk down a trail to the bottom. Honestly, one of the most fun, unique and exciting adventures I have had in my travels.

Natalia and her husband have created an awesome buisness. While we were there they were building the zip line which looks like a lot of fun ( In addition to having two funny, smart, and interesting guides (Alex will have you laughing and smiling the entire time!), they also went out of their way to capture as many photos with our cameras as possible. I have dozens and dozens of action shots from that day and even a video. The best travel momento. They also provide a lunch half way up the mountain - which was delicious!
Crossing cable line - 200 meters up
Climbing - 1st leg

Compare Urubamba Hotel Rates (0.3km away)

Sacred Valley Map