Sackville NB Waterfowl Park

Waterfowl Ln, Sackville, Canada

Sackville NB Waterfowl Park Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
A little nuturing with nature ! Aug 17, 2014
Living in a small village ( 1200 people )next to a small town of maybe 6,000 people has lots of potential. Obviously, one is not a city dweller as most cities overpower with all the concrete and lack of space for soul. ( That is my opinion BTW and many others differ).

Home to me will also always be beside some form of water. Thus, the solitude of country, by the ocean suits my mindset.

Forty five minutes away is another small town of Sackville, New Brunswick, with some 5,000 inhabitants. This little town has achieved national importance here in Canada, because it is the home of Mt Allison University.

However smack dab in the center of the town is this wonderful creation, a 55 acre waterfowl park. To me, that says a lot about the character of townpeople. To place nature in harmony with people. A new concept perhaps; to live in harmony.

This park was created in 1988 and has achieved many awards including the winner of the Environment Canada National Award for Environmental Achievement. However, I do admit, I just kept putting my visit on the back burner.

I had heard many rave reviews about this interesting park with walkways winding through the marshy area. The park is under the jurisdiction of Ducks Unlimited an organization dedicated to protecting waterfowl species. It is supposed to be a place of spiritual reflection with nature.

Finally, after twenty six years the park was visited...and low and behold, it exceeded all my expectations.

Now, I am ashamed that I had not visited sooner. This is a traditional waterfowl area, with ducks, teals, cranes and muskrats. The birds feed on rice stands and frolic protected. I felt nature envelop me and fast.

The best part is that there is no admissions and over 3km of trails through the marshes. Stroll and watch and realize how small we really are.

This is a potpourri of water, woods, marsh and meadow...done up in lovely ribbons of walkways.

Perhaps the most intriguing part was that I found myself having a great and peaceful August afternoon. The mood is soft and the heart perhaps beats slower when in the arms of nature. I even found out that I liked observing ducks....they actually have a personality.

Perhaps we need only to look at our own back yard, to find enjoyable places to visit......
Plump but not ready to be eaten...…
I guess the sign says it all......
Extremely well done..very classy o…
One of the walkways to the marches.
rsvpme says:
Vikram....Thank you , those are beautiful compliments. I try to find the core of whatever I am photographing. I started in photography with a love for almost microscopic work, perhaps that influenced my eyes. It certainly is a good feeling to be recognized by those, who also take good photos.
Posted on: Aug 21, 2014
Vikram says:
And I agree with Rhea - you're a great photog. Your photos have this way of saying so much by saying so less.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2014
Vikram says:
Jim, I knew this was waiting to be featured the day I read it. Congrats!!
Posted on: Aug 20, 2014