Saatchi Gallery

98 Sloane St, London, United Kingdom

Saatchi Gallery London Reviews

Eric Eric
Jun 03, 2006
The Saatchi Gallery is a contemporary art gallery in London that showcases some fairly interesting (and controversial) art. Some of the pieces seem like desperate cries for attention, while others are so abstract that you wonder how anyone in their right mind can formulate coherent theories about them, but all are at least entertaining to look at. One of my favorite works was the shark preserved in formaldehyde, a terrifying display of nature's most graceful and deadly predator emerging through the murky depths. Another cool exhibit was a room almost entirely covered with mirrors.
Damien Hirst's shark.
ophirh says:
I have to comment about this one as this gallery is a changing exhibit, and only a few rooms there are fixed. When I was there a year ago Damien Hirst's shark wasn't there, but the coolest room there was this room which was filled with oil to the middle, and you walk inside it and it looks like a mirror, but it's the black pitch of blackness.
Posted on: Jun 04, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Saatchi Gallery

Trafalgar Square, Westminister Abbey, Houses of Parliament and Tower Bridge
We'd just been running in and out the last 7 days that we were so used to it. Never for a minute did we even think that our holiday would one day, end. For me, I  wasn't feeling too bad. After a…London Eye, Saatchi Gallery, over the Westminister Bridge to the other side to take pix of that Lion statue as well…
Portobello Road, Harrods and British Airways "London Eye"
The day began rather early for us seeing as we wanted to make it for the early rush @ Portobello Road. We got there around 8am in the morning. In particular, our walk down from the Notting Hill stati…London Eye. I had no idea that Saatchi Gallery was THAT close! Seeing the distance btn London Eye and Saatchi

Check London Hotel Deals