STK

2377 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, USA
STK - Char Siu Bao - the dim sum stuff :)
STK - Skirt steak, french fries and sauce
STK - This is what my friend ate. STK calls it 'Most delicious fried chicken'
STK - My dessert: Bag O' Donuts
STK - My friend's dessert: Cheesecake lollipops :)
STK - Bread with garlicky olive oil

STK Miami Beach Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Ho-hum food, Better companions Aug 31, 2011
I met with other South Florida TBs at STK in South Beach for dinner. It was great to see the regulars again (Joanne, Rob and Julian) and to meet a few I've never seen before (Maria, Kristi and Thea).

We ate here to take advantage of STK's Miami Spice menu, which featured a three-course meal for $35. On the surface, that price doesn't sound so bad, especially for dinner in South Beach. But ultimately, I don't think the food was really worth the price.

We were given bowls of hot, fresh bread with a garlic dipping sauce, and later with butter. I have to admit, the bread was fantastic; it was glazed with what tasted like some sort of cheese sauce. The garlic sauce was basically olive oil, parsley and what was essentially a hint of garlic. It was pretty damn good.

Then came the appetizers. Everybody pretty much ordered the same thing: The Char Siu Bao, which was basically like dim sum filled with barbecue short rib meat served with a side of soy sauce. It was good, but not what I expected. As Joanne readily pointed out at the table, there was a lot more dough than meat.

She ordered a separate appetizer, the tuna tartare, which wasn't part of the Spice menu. It was much better than the Char Siu Bao, in my opinion. It's basically raw tuna with crispy shallots, pineapples, a spicy sauce and long plantain chips that you scoop the tuna up with. Joanne shared hers with us. It was the best thing I ate that night.

For the main course, I ordered the Hanger STK Frites with Au Poivre Sauce. Simply put, it was skirt steak with french fries served with a ho-hum sauce. The steak itself was okay, but not great. The fries were actually pretty tasty; crisp on the outside and mealy on the inside. The sauce was really thin and didn't really have a flavorful taste to it, even with capers in it.

Finally, the dessert came. I ordered the Bag O' Donuts, STK's signature dessert. It's basically exactly what it sounds like; a little bag of tiny doughnuts sprinkled with sugar, accompanied by vanilla and chocolate dipping sauces. A tasty, but tiny post-dinner treat.

So overall, the food wasn't terrible, but I didn't think it was worth the price. I probably would've been pissed if I had paid for the food without that special going on lol. I would go here again for another meetup, I suppose, but other than that, I don't see a reason to go back.

Oh, one other thing. If you're driving, you can valet park your car and get a validation discount inside the restaurant. Getting your ticket stamped means you'll pay $16 for the valet parking, instead of full price. But if you want to avoid paying that much at all, you might be able to find a parking meter on the street nearby. Just make sure you have plenty of change :)
Bread with garlicky olive oil
Char Siu Bao - the dim sum stuff :)
Skirt steak, french fries and sauce
This is what my friend ate. STK ca…
Flyinhigh says:
Me too...I will not return there for food. BLT Steak at the Betsy has always been excellent for me. Perhaps that would have been a better choice...but I was looking to try something different. Yay on the tuna tartare.
Posted on: Aug 31, 2011