SIXT (Dublin Airport)

Dublin Airport, Dublin, Ireland

SIXT (Dublin Airport) Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Be in good time when you deliver the car back Jun 09, 2011
The departure area of Dublin Airport is quite small and it was fairly easy to spot the SIXT Car Rental agency with their bright Orange colour. I was expected I could see and I was maybe the only one, because the receptionist addressed me with my name. I was given a red brand new VW Polo she told me; it turned out that the brand new had been driven 15.000 km, well that might be new in Ireland. I was asked to pay a fee of 30 euro because I was driving into Northern Ireland.

The SIXT agency of Ireland was only a franchise of SIXT so I could not use my SIXT card, which surprised me. I was given the keys and told to meet outside at the taxis and the buses where a SIXT bus would pick me up and drive me to the rental car. The driver of the bus was not there; the bus was so I had to wait in the rain outside. There was a shed but there were so many people waiting for the different rental company busses that some of our luggage and us were bound to get wet.

Finally my driver can back and I tried to be cheerful but he was a total stone face. He took the corners in the bus like he was practicing for the Isle of Man TT race in the bus, which on the other hand meant that I was going there fast. He let me off at lot number 79 and I found my red Polo. I packed my car quickly and started the GPS bound for Belfast and I was on my way.

On return you have to deliver the car the same place; it is quite easy to find but beware that it will take you some time to get back to the airport. The guy checking the car was not really customer minded; he hardly spoke to me when I delivered the car and no smiles. Some of the other persons delivering their car said the same thing, so it was just not me who had the feeling.

It took a while to have the bus filled and my time was running out for my check-in to Isle of Man. I hate when they only have one bus and you are forced to deliver your car way out from the airport; you can’t do anything.
The red Polo

Related Travel Blogs About SIXT (Dublin Airport)

Looking forward to one week of travelling
I had planned this trip; well I had booked this trip more than 7 months earlier. I do not plan that much when I travel - I just go. I had this crazy idea that I could see a number of the places that…SIXT and then left for Belfast that would be my aim for the first evening. As we left the plane in Dublin Airport

Check Dublin Hotel Deals