36 Naugarduko gatvė, Vilnius, Lithuania
SENOJI TROBELĖ, kavinė - Polish-style beer! Finally I found you abroad <3

SENOJI TROBELĖ, kavinė Vilnius Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Senoji Trobele Oct 27, 2014
Food is not the most important part of my travels, and maybe that’s why I never put a huge attention if the place where I’m going to have my meal has top notes on Tripadvisor. In Vilnius for the first time I used TA before going for dinner. Why? Well, it was important for Mr Viking. We went to a restaurant that was ranked as #3 in Vilnius. Definitely a good choice.

Senoji Trobele restaurant is located outside from the city center and we had to use the GPS to get there. We didn’t know Vilnius after all. This electronic device led us through small local streets, which were not lit at all!

Senoji Trobele is a perfect place to experience some Lithuanian cuisine. Lithuanian cuisine is not so different from Polish so I knew what I want to order before I got the menu! Potatoes pancakes! I love them. This restaurant serves them with chicken pieces inside, great idea and divine taste! Mr Viking took an appetizer plate (few kinds of cheese, ham, vegetables and other local specialties like smoked pig ears). We got some homemade bread too and it was delicious. Mr Viking ordered a strew made from deer meat. Looked good! At the end we ordered a dessert. Mr Viking took apple and pear pie, which was a safe choice, and me, a very good cheesecake presented in a glass. Yummy! All the food was great and well presented. They also have here a home made beer that might be served with honey, for those who likes it sweet. I definitely like it sweet!

The waiter was very kind and full of suggestions. Generally, the whole staff was friendly. Senoji Trobele is lovely decorated. The atmosphere there is quite romantic.

At the end I would like to menton that this restaurants serves a beer with syrup! You must to know that in Poland we drink the beer with raspberries syrup and we drink it with a straw! It usually shocks people or make them laugh. Some foreginers say that it is a profanation of beer! Well, we like it that way! I’ve asked in many countries for such a beer and no one ever knew what’s that. Senoji Trobele’s staff knew! They also knew that I’m a Pole as soon as I asked them for a beer with syrup and a straw!
Senoji Trobele
... and the tree is in the middle …
EmyG says:
Beer with syrup (with a straw ofc) is a must-thing to try in Poland... Because if not here, then where? ;)
Zagnut66 says:
I've never had potato pancakes or beer with a straw. I feel deprived. :)
cotton_foam says:
Potato pancake is sure in my list of "food to try" in Poland! I don't drink beer but maybe I should try Pole's beer with syrup, and sip it with using a straw!! You better let me try, Miss Ems! :D

Check Vilnius Hotel Deals