S15 Sukhumvit Hotel

S15 Sukhumvit Hotel Rates and Deals

S15 Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok Reviews

LASportsNut LASports…
Nice Hotel, Good Location, Beware of Spa Jul 13, 2014
I stayed at the S15 for a couple of days in May, 2014. Everything was very good to outstanding. Nice location, friendly staff, nice hotel. Just one thing that took me by surprise. I went to the hotel spa for a massage. Put my face in the hole in the massage table and waited for my masseuse to come in. She comes in and gives me a decent but not great massage. However when it was time to pay and tip, I discovered the "she" was really a "ladyboy." Oops. No wonder it did not feel the same as usual. But other than that I recommend this hotel.
ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
Small Luxury Hotel accessible to the center of Bangkok Oct 30, 2010
Whenever there's a US Holiday that I can enjoy and a three-day weekend is possible, I immediately grab the chance to fly to the nearest destination within the region. And since I've returned to Manila, having accepted a bigger and more challenging role this year, I vowed to explore more of Asia.

Last October 15-October 18, I decided to finally see and experience Bangkok. There should be a reason why it eternally competes with Paris and NYC when it comes to Tourism numbers and more than my love for Thai food, I wondered how the vibe would be compared to the rest of the cities within the South East Asia region.

I'm the first one to admit that when it comes to finances and budgeting for vacations, I'm very particular about the hotel part. I feel that while some people would rather go for the more affordable, budget hotels and splurge on something else, I'm a huge believer that the whole vacation experience can be attributed to my experience with my hotel. So cut to the chase, I'm the type who doesn't really mind allotting more for my hotel stay, which brings me to why I'm actually drawn to design hotels, boutique hotels, you name it. Location has to be key as well. Last but not the least, the bathroom, can make it or break it for me. What can I say, I'm a woman. After a long day of shopping, there's nothing more wonderful that a long, warm, bubble bath. So if the bath tub looks promising, and even has a rain shower, trust me, I'm sold.

These specific preferences are the exact reasons why I chose to book and stay at S15 Hotel. I looked it up online and found out that its actually a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World group. That alone gave me a quiet confidence that paying 12-13 thousand Thai Bath would be worth my 3 night stay in Bangkok. I was thrilled and was looking forward to the actual hotel experience.

Though I had challenges making the cab driver understand the directions to get there, (which I presumed was normal and was a set expectation, which is why I also had a map), we eventually called the Hotel and I asked them to speak to the driver. S15 Hotel is located at Sukhumvit 15 and the driver then realized that it was actually closer, and was situated in the Main Road. Relieved, I finally got to the hotel. I was immediately assisted by one of the Hotel Staff and as I approached the Front Desk, I immediately took note of how the lobby smelled so wonderful. It wasn't a busy hotel and the aroma made it feel like you're in a private zen-like abode, almost giving off a feeling that you're in a spa. Wonderful but not overpowering. It was definitely a good start.

I specified that I wanted a quiet room on a non-smoking floor as much as possible, so I was hoping that I'd be led to a room at the farther end. S15 only has 7 floors and I was given a room at the 7th floor. Upon exiting the lift and getting to the 7th floor, I saw that their Senses Spa was located to the right of the lift. Some few steps straight away was already the room assigned to me. My initial thought was,given the location of how it was just like a few steps from the lift, it certainly didn't look like the most quiet hotel room for me.

Still being optimistic, I entered my room and saw how impressive and clean it was. You'd see from the photos that I took from my handy Canon G10, the exact state that I saw it when I got inside the room. I didn't change or move a thing and upon dropping my hand bag, I immediately took snaps of my room. I liked how there was individual temperature control, both for the AC and Heater, the bed immediately felt very cozy and inviting, almost tempting me to sleep right away, the soft lighting complemented the neutral colors of the room, there was a welcome fruit basket which had an apple and 2 bananas, complimentary 2 bottles of mineral water, an impressive LCD perfectly mounted to the wall, and one of the best bathrooms that I have ever experienced and thoroughly enjoyed. The tub as you can see was spacious enough, and that rain shower, divine! To the right side, separated by the glass was the toilet and a closet which had the most comfortable bathrobes and where the safe was located. A small detail that I noticed was how the hotel slippers showed S31 (I was aware this was the sister hotel in Sukhumvit 31), not a deal breaker but for someone who's into the whole attention to detail thing, these things can definitely get noticed.

The rest of my stay was a delight. My first night was a treat, the bed proved to be perfect and it felt like I haven't slept as peaceful and as long for ages! The TV's channel selection was just a couple but was enough to not miss out on entertainment. What I liked was how S15 was a CNN Partner Hotel. Unlike the normal, typical CNN channel, a CNN Partner hotel has a comprehensive CNN coverage round the clock so it was a treat. I remember how I finally got caught up by the whole coverage of the Chilean miners rescue which was so heartwarming and such a miracle feat. I also found out that a major typhoon was going to hit the Philippines so I was keeping track from CNN's weather updates and my Twitter.

Waking up each day was something to look forward to. The buffet breakfast, which comes with your stay, had a fewer, yet, good selection of breads, fresh fruit juices, coffee and tea, an omelet station, and typically consisted of power breakfast choices such as bacon, sausages, burger patties, corned beef, and also balanced it out with some sushi, chinese friend rice, a vegetable dish and as much as a possible, I noticed that there would always be a chinese dish and pasta. Not bad at all. The 2nd level was its dining area and it wasn't crowded at all. It was private and you won't feel rushed and can definitely take your time planning how your day will be while enjoying a cup of tea and coffee along with everything.

I've always wondered how different Thai hospitality would be from Filipino hospitality, which are both renowned to the world. I've sensed that both are similar to some degrees, and while Filipinos don't do the typical Thai bow that I've seen, the latter communicates English better. I was scheduled to check the Chatuchak Weekend market and the hotel staff who I asked information from, tried his best to answer me in English. The smile more than makes up for the challenge in the language though! :)

The location is absolutely perfect. It was my first time to see Bangkok and I knew I had to be somewhere close to the Skytrain. S15 was a 5 minute walk to the Asoke Station and if I actually needed to, the Sukhumvit station was also right there. There was also a Robinson's shopping mall and the Times Square place which I never got to check.

I'm not totally sure whether its with the hotel but given the warm and homey vibe of S15, I felt that the hotel staff could have been more passionate and proactive when it came to the service part of it. It was unfortunately raining during that weekend in Bangkok so I was contemplating if I should buy an umbrella somewhere and thought I should ask the Concierge if they happened to provide an umbrella, to which I found out that they do. I wouldn't have found out that they provide free umbrellas if I didn't ask. They saw I was heading out so I thought this was something that they could have been a little more proactive about. There was also a minor miscount in their mini bar inventory which if I didn't point out, I could have paid for the items declared as in stock, when it actually didn't exist when I did check. One last thing that I felt they could have improved on was my preference for a quiet room. The hotel being on the main road was already not the most quiet hotel given the location, and I wished that they could have chosen a room somewhere more quiet for me. The next 2 nights weren't as rejuvenating as the first night.

Over-all, it was a nice stay. I think S15 is a good hotel and has one of the most unbeatable locations. If they put more attention to customer specification, this hotel can always have my recommendation.
biertje79 biertje79
good location, on the main road May 28, 2010
good location, 5 min to BTS skytrain. breakfast is good. many choices. shower is nice, got rain shower and bathtub,

spa in the hotel is also good.

bed is comfortable.nice hotel
ferroo ferroo
Feb 25, 2008
S15 Sukhumvit Hotel is located on the main road of one of Bangkok's most popular streets, Sukhumvit. The hotel is just a short walk to the BTS skytrain station and the MRT subway station, both allowing easy access to the city's most popular attractions and shopping areas. The airport is between a 30 to 45-minute drive from the hotel.

I booked the Hotel easily through Agoda.com website and to my surprise got it at a very reasonable cost ($96) when compared to other 4 star hotels with same facilities. Infact the room was way to better than my expectations, very comfortable, features high-speed wireless Internet access, LCD television, DVD player and a large bathroom with separate bath and rain shower. Excellent! Perfect location and strongly recommended.
S15 hotel double bed room
S15 hotel room facilities
S15 hotel room view
S15 hotel washroom
jaaf says:
I stayed at Arnoma in 2007 and & the rate was $70 for a double room :)
Posted on: Apr 13, 2008
ferroo says:
Yes, i stayed at Arnoma too, back in 2005 and at that time it costed me $76. Good location & value of money.
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
jaaf says:
I'll suggest you to stay @ Arnoma Hotel, Bangkok next time . Best value for money
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes