Ryonggang Hot Spring House

Ryonggang Hot Spring House - View from my room

Ryonggang Hot Spring House Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Only option for a place to stay Apr 30, 2010
Another no choice option for a place to stay in North Korea. I thought we were going to stay in this resort in Nampho or that this was clsoe by Nampho.

But it was 40 kilometers away and the resort, located in a foresty area. It was guarded by at least one solider with an automatic machine gun and there seemed to be only one road leading up to the reception.

The resort had a total of 12 buildings, where the various rooms were. I stayed in building number 5 with 2 other singles. The building was clean, with slippers on the doorstep. Of course they were too small for my feet.

The front door lock wasn't working properly, so eventually we didn't locked it on our way out. The lock to the room however worked perfectly.

The room itself was good, looking comfortable. The size was decent, and the balcony was nice. The floor was heated by the hot mineral water, which meant the 2 beds were warm as well. No need for extra blankets. The beds were good, not so hard. I had a good nights rest.

The bathroom was quite spacious and clean, although the small tiles in the bath tub looked like they could use a very good shrub.

Probably the brown colour was caused by the hot mineral water. It was recommended to sit between 10 to 15 minutes in the water, which was good for your skin. I didn't tried it.

The staff was friendly and helpful. This time I had no trouble to exchange money to get the wons I wanted. The restaurant was at the reception, along with a bar and some pool tables.
My building, number 5