Ryokan Hiraiwa

Ryokan Hiraiwa Rates and Deals

Ryokan Hiraiwa Kyoto Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Affordable May 27, 2007
This was my second stay here in this Ryokan, first time back in 2000. A Ryokan is more "luxurious" type of a traditional japanese style hotel. But this one was in the middle of a residential area and seperated over 2 3-story buildings. There was nothing traditional about the buildings, both outside and inside, apart from the rooms.

I stayed in the Annex Hiraiwa, as I did the previous visit. It was still the same as 7 years before, the same carpet, rooms etc.

There are the same rules as in a Minshuku: remove your shoes and use the slippers. Also change slippers when entering the bathroom.

The rooms are squares. I slept in one that was big enough to house 4 (small) people. So I had again the same amount of futons and blankets to sleep more comfortable on the floor. There was the sliding door closet in my room, as well as a tv on a table and some glasses.

The seperated bathrooms were a toilet and a shower, shared by 3 floors. I don't know if the main building had perhaps a hot srping style bathroom. The bathroom was clean.

There were also free internet and vending machines in the building.

The area the hotel was located in was as mentioned above a residential area, with the opposite street being a Yakazu (japanese maffia) area. Don't let this scare you though, nothing won't happen to you. I felt very safe and not worried about the fact I was sleeping next to the maffia.

The closest convenient store and sights were still some 10 to 15 minutes by foot and to the Kyoto train station was about 25 minutes by foot.

I spent 5 nights at this Ryokan and it was good enough to sleep there only. I felt very safe and there wasn't any noise at all. As for the location and convenience... If you prefer that to be (very) good and everything close by, then this isn't the place for you.
Airportman says:
I wasn't worried ;)
Posted on: May 16, 2011
Daive says:
Maffia! Yikes! :)
Posted on: May 16, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Ryokan Hiraiwa

Day 10: Arriving in Kyoto
We continued our drive towards Kyoto, stopping for a lunch along the way, before we finally arrived at our hotel in Kyoto, Hiraiwa Ryokan, in the late afternoon. For me, it was coming back "home" so …Kyoto, Hiraiwa Ryokan, in the late afternoon. For me, it was coming back "home" so to speak, as I had spent…

Check Ryokan Hiraiwa Rates and Deals