Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Chicago, Illinois

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Chicago Reviews

jcmyers jcmyers
Oct 20, 2005
This is, hands down, one of the best places I have ever eaten for steak. I had eaten at one before and knew to expect a higher price, but great quality. The waiter was nice and down to earth. He was very helpful in selecting choices.

I ordered the Lobster Bisque as an appetizer and it was perfectly creamy and was not overpowered by a strong lobster aroma. For steak, I had to go with the Filet. It was done excellently and was just as I ordered, medium rare. It was served sizziling, on a hot plate with butter and parsley. Sides are ordered seperately and we split the asparagus and the au gratin potatoes, which were both done well. For dessert we had the creme brulee with fresh berries. It was a nice size for two to share.

The sommelier was knowledgeable and served our wine needs well. We ordered a bottle of Wente Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and it was perfectly paired for our meal.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone, though wereserve it for special occasions due to the cost.
festerwretch says:
Why did I have to click on "Chicago Restaurant Reviews" ... I've been away only 2 months, but man do I miss the food! :D
Posted on: Dec 02, 2007
lisak64 says:
A bit of trivia on Ruth's Chris - it started in New Orleans, by a woman named Ruth. I think Chris is her son. I've never dined here, but I have heard wonderful things about it.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007