Rustico

62 Union Row, Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Rustico Aberdeen Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Rustico Dec 12, 2012
Situated just off Union Street, we booked in advance after reading reviews and weren't disappointed.

Went in for family meal, as it was my daughter's 18th, and it was ideal, as a family run restaurant. Advertises as Traditional Scicilian and Mediterranean Restaurant, and lived up to the billing.

We had booked the table for 7pm, but not taking as long to walk there as anticipated, arrived early but were welcomed and seated no problem. Restaurant has two floors and we were seated in the back of the ground floor section.

Friendly staff were quick to get the drinks in, and happy to leave us time to look over the menu, as it was difficult to choose with so many great dishes. In fact we all ended up going for something different for the main courses.

Apologies, in advance, to the restaurant, as I only had my phone camera and they don't do the food justice. Looked much better and more importantly tasted great.

I stuck to drinking Peroni, but my wife wanted an Italian wine and was happy to go with the house red Motepulciano D'Abruzzo Doc.

For starters we went for 2 Garlic Bread with Cheese ( Pane All' Aglio Fromaggio), the meat plate (Tutto Misto)to share and my son wanted Calamaru Fritti ( Fried Squid rings) which I also shared :)They were really nice.

I then had Lasagne, not because I'm unadventurous but just because that is what I felt like having. Anyway my family are used to TB ways and know not to start any meal before a photo of it is taken. A sife effect of that is that everyone also tries a bit of what everyone else has ordered :D

My daughter had Costolette (lamb cutlets), my wife had Saltimbocca (veal) and fish boy went for the Coda De Rospo Al Zafferano ( Monk Fish). All were delicious.

Had a bit of a breather beofre desserts. I had a Peroni ;) while the others went for Lemon Sorbet, Tiramasu and Profiteroles. We knew before booking that my daughter would go for the profiteroles, and the restaurant had promised to make sure they kept some, as they had gone through 98 portions the day before. When they arrived they had candles in them and the staff gathered round and sang Happy Birthday.

Rounded off with a few drinks it was all great value in an atmospheric cosy little restaurant. Definately one to look out for when you are in Aberdeen.
Rustico Restaurant
Traditional Sicilian & Mediterrane…
Inside Rustico
Rustico Menu
Dr_Seuss says:
Thanks guys, it was nice to see her like a little girl again when she was opening her presents :)
Posted on: Dec 13, 2012
ccjbeachbum says:
happy birthday to your daughter
Posted on: Dec 13, 2012