Rustic Lodge

Check Monteverde Hotel Deals

Rustic Lodge Monteverde Reviews

entro16 entro16
Best place to stay in Monteverde.....hands down. Feb 18, 2012
If you are looking for a clean, quiet, and just a lovely place to stay, then you should look at the Rustic Lodge. By no means is the name fitting. The service is excellent; the place is quiet; not too far from town; and the inner courtyard provides a great place to relax after a long day of touring.

The hotel/motel is very clean. All rooms have been refurbished and have hot water in very spacious showers and baths. Beds are ok. There are no ceiling fans; you won't need them at night, but you will need them during the day if you are staying in your your...but why would you? The breakfast is basic, but this was probably my best tasting of gallo pinto I've had; it is included in your stay. If this review is/was helpful, please vote it as so.

Value: the price for what you get is extremely well worth it. I would rather pay the $50/night and have clean private showers instead of staying in hostels with moldy rooms and shared bathrooms.

Location: kind of tough to find, but well worth it. You are not in the town of Santa Elena; you can actually sleep at night. All separate rooms lead to a courtyard that is enclosed on the property. Ask for a room that doesn’t have a neighbor next door; the walls are thin.

Cleanliness: probably the cleanest place we stayed in in Costa Rica.

Amenities: nice, simple, food, fresh fresh……and, and, wait for it….the best service I’ve had while visiting Costa Rica. Bar none!!

Bed: par. I could do with a stiffer bed.

Bathroom: large and comfy….just like an American bathroom should be. They also use American-style water heaters. Nice.

Service: this was the best service that we experienced. I can’t stop talking about the service. The service in town was wonderful too. It must be something in the cool mountain air.

Now let's get to the nitty-gritty. I am like most people: I have champagne taste on a beer budget. But don't get me wrong, I can drink beer anytime. However, the Rustic Lodge was nowhere close to being beer quality. The room pricing fit well into my budget for the extreme quality of service that is given. The host, Jose (he is the one you see on their website), was wonderfully helpful, gracious, warm, and welcoming. When we arrived and my wife had a headache (probably from dehydration), he served her fresh mint tea from mint leaves that he pick right in front of our own eyes. The mint leaves were so fresh that they had little bugs on them...which taste great BTW!! The morning breakfast is cooked right in front of you; everything is fresh (eggs, fruit, juice).

The location is kind of odd to find. But once you get there, you are soooooo thankful that it is not on the main streets. You can actually get some sleep at night. As you can see, I have given it the highest ratings in most categories. When we stayed there (twice on the same trip, on two different visits), the beds seemed to be a little soft and after a hard day's hike/tour, we kind of wanted a stiffer bed. The amenities were fine; compared to other locations, it lacked a pool. A pool would have been so welcomed after a long day of touring around, but it is definitely not a requirement.

I highly recommend this place. By far, the best place to stay in Monteverde....hands down.

If this review is/was helpful, please vote it as so.
Rustic Lodge
Rustic Lodge...again
the inner courtyard
beautiful vegetation
entro16 says:
Mark.
Rustic Lodge isn't really within walking distance to town. You can do it if you had to. I would say it is a short American mile from the center (the triangle) of Monteverde. The cab ride would cost you about $2.00, if that. It is probably the best place to stay in town....hands down!
Posted on: Apr 18, 2012
skimonty83 says:
I struggled finding a good place to stay there without spending a lot of money. Was this place walking distance into town? Looks and sounds great.
Posted on: Apr 18, 2012
entro16 says:
Glad I could provide some info. I wish I could say more or had more photos specific to the area.
Posted on: Feb 18, 2012