Russian Embassies Abroad

Bangkok, Thailand

Russian Embassies Abroad Bangkok Reviews

Deats Deats
Feb 07, 2008
We had our bag stolen from a bar in Bangkok the other night and my girlfriend had her Russian passport in it. Incredibly the Russian embassy have refused to issue her with another passport and said she must fly back to Russia to obtain one! Doesnt matter we are travelling around the World and have tickets booked elsewhere!

Whilst in the embassy another woman who had been the victim of a snatched bag, as she was getting into a taxi, was screaming and balling. As it turns out she is Russian but works in Malaysia and was in Thailand for a 2 week holiday when this happened. The embassy will not give her a passport or a slip to go to Malaysia. If you work within a country (as she does Malaysia) then the embassy will get you a new passport in 6 months, which would have been fine for her.

So my g/f has to pay for a flight back to Russia, $80 for a piece of paper to get out of Thailand and then a new passport when home and then a flight to come back out to continue the trip. The other woman will probably have to try and do the same but with the added f##k up that she will probably lose her job.

Basically any Russian citizen travelling needs to have their passport super glued to their body or run the risk of this. Its a real disgrace.

Phil
Behind these walls, evil looms
Deats says:
I agree, paranoia is a killer, its a question of where you draw the line!
CFD says:
Well, Im always very afraid about my camera equipment.( http://home.no/travelguy/tullebilder/kamerautstyr.feb08.JPG ). Sometimes i have to leave it under my bed, but i dont like to flash my equipment in hostels and such. You never know what kind of people you meet. I have money belts for my Camera and a pocket I can secure on the inside of my jeans where i keep my passport on overnight trains and such. Its easy to become to paranoid as well, it will ruin the experience.
Deats says:
Sucked BIG time! Where is really safe though? I hear stories of hotel safes been broken into, i hear of stuff stolen from room as people sleep! Im more worried about my camera but some of the stories ive heard it comes down to if the person wants to rob you, they will... force may be necessary but no problem. Shit happens i guess!

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals