Runners House

No. 19, Itashao, Taiwan

Compare Sun Moon Lake Hotel Rates (2.3km away)

Runners House Itashao Reviews

davejo davejo
A lovely little hotel for a couple of days Feb 11, 2017
Although the GH is supposed to be in Riyue Village, Yuchi Township it is doubtful if you will ever find the guest house with the above address. My whole time there nobody ever referred to the area as Yuchi Township, nor did i hear Riyue Village. The whole area around the lake is part of Yuchi township. Actually the Guest house is smack in the middle of Itashao but i guess the above is the postal address.

Now that we have got that over with please refer to the map in the above photos as my taxi driver spent 15 minutes looking for the place with the above address.

I would say that this was the best budget accommodation i stayed at while i was in Taiwan. When i travel i always go for budget rooms as i am out exploring from early morning to the evening and when i get back to my room i fall asleep immediately. If i remember correctly i booked a bed in a shared room but when i arrived the lady (owner) gave me a room with three beds in it. It was big enough and also had a TV with over 100 channels, not that i am interested in TV when i travel but i did manage to catch the last 20 laps of the formula 1 race. The bathroom was spacious with hot shower, tissue and soap. Also a kettle and hair dryer were provided. It turned out that it was the off-season and i was the only guest during my two night stay so the owner gave me a key to the front door of the guest house as she had other things to do. She also took her time and gave me a map, explaining the best things to see and do. One of the things she recommended was the walk to Cien Pagoda which was on top of a hill which offered a great view of Sun Moon lake. I would never have considered going here if she had not told me, and as it happened it turned out to be one of the highlights of my stay. The guest house was just two minutes walk from the food stalls in Yiyong Street and not much more to the bus stop. All in all an ideal place to stay.

Compare Sun Moon Lake Hotel Rates (2.3km away)

Itashao Map