Rundetårn (The Round Tower)

52 Købmagergade, Copenhagen, Denmark
www.rundetaarn.dk - 33 73 03 73

Rundetårn (The Round Tower) Copenhagen Reviews

slothtraveller slothtra…
A surprise in Copenhagen...and great views! Jan 27, 2017
I probably wouldn't have bothered visiting this tower if I hadn't purchased the Copenhagen Card and noticed it was one of the attractions with which I could get free entry. I am glad that I decided to go inside and see what the Round Tower was about!

You ascend the tower by a spiral ramp although there is a small spiral staircase just before you reach the top. Part of the way up the ramp, there is a window through which you can see the interior of the neighbouring Trinitatis church. Once at the top of the spiral slope, you go through a door and you can walk around a viewing area on the exterior of the building. Great 360 degree views of Copenhagen can be seen from this vantage point, depending on the weather and visibility. I enjoyed walking around the viewing area picking out sights in the city such as the funfair rides at Tivoli Gardens. I spent about 15-20 minutes enjoying the views before setting off back down the spiral slope.

Regular entry fee for an adult is a meagre 25 DKK, an absolute bargain in such an expensive city. The tower is open daily from 10am-8pm in summer months, in the off season the entry times vary so check the website.

Website: http://www.rundetaarn.dk/en
The Rundetaarn
Copenhagen's Round Tower
Trinitatis Church
The spiral slope
curious_claire curious_…
Great Way to See Copenhagen from Above Jun 30, 2015
I stumbled upon the Round Tower by accident and I'm so glad it was one of the first things I found in Copenhagen. After checking into my hostel I went for a walk to get to know the area and was attracted to a cool looking door. After seeing someone else go in I knew I had to follow.

After going inside I came across a guy working here who explained I had just walked into the Round Tower and that you can climb to the top to enjoy some beautiful views of Copenhagen. As it was evening they were only open for another half hour so I debated coming back tomorrow but it seemed like the perfect first thing to do. I asked if half hour was enough and he said it should be fine so up I went.

I like the fact that there are no stairs to climb so you can have a nice gentle walk up the spiral ramp. And if you're a little mad like me it's perfect for skipping down. The guy's face was fantastic as I thanked him while skipping down and out the door!

But the views you get from the observational deck are just stunning. It really was the perfect way to see Copenhagen for the first time. And as it was a clear day you could see Sweden and the Oresund bridge. I was glad I went just before it closed as it meant I had the place almost to myself. I could just sit back, enjoy the stunning views and think about how amazing this trip was going to be.

The price was also very reasonable. A ticket up was only 25 Kroner which is less than £3 or $4! You can't ask for a better price than that really.
The Round Tower
The door that enticed me in
Best thing to skip down hehe
Just loved the views
joseph98 says:
I can just imagine you skipping as well, you little pixie you ;-)
Posted on: Aug 30, 2015
Vikram says:
Lol @ the guy's expression!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2015
janniina janniina
Rundetårn Dec 22, 2011
There's very nice view from the top all over Copenhagen, but specially you can see the old parts of Copenhagen.

And it was quite cheap (only 25 kronors) thing to do in Copenhagen, which is really expensive city.

There's not too much stairs.. it's more like a one big "hill" to the top. And there's space so no worries about claustrophobia like in some old castles.

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals