Rundetårn (The Round Tower)

52 Købmagergade, Copenhagen, Denmark - 33 73 03 73
Rundetårn (The Round Tower) - The door that enticed me in
Rundetårn (The Round Tower) - Best thing to skip down hehe
Rundetårn (The Round Tower) - The Round Tower

Rundetårn (The Round Tower) Copenhagen Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Great Way to See Copenhagen from Above Jun 30, 2015
I stumbled upon the Round Tower by accident and I'm so glad it was one of the first things I found in Copenhagen. After checking into my hostel I went for a walk to get to know the area and was attracted to a cool looking door. After seeing someone else go in I knew I had to follow.

After going inside I came across a guy working here who explained I had just walked into the Round Tower and that you can climb to the top to enjoy some beautiful views of Copenhagen. As it was evening they were only open for another half hour so I debated coming back tomorrow but it seemed like the perfect first thing to do. I asked if half hour was enough and he said it should be fine so up I went.

I like the fact that there are no stairs to climb so you can have a nice gentle walk up the spiral ramp. And if you're a little mad like me it's perfect for skipping down. The guy's face was fantastic as I thanked him while skipping down and out the door!

But the views you get from the observational deck are just stunning. It really was the perfect way to see Copenhagen for the first time. And as it was a clear day you could see Sweden and the Oresund bridge. I was glad I went just before it closed as it meant I had the place almost to myself. I could just sit back, enjoy the stunning views and think about how amazing this trip was going to be.

The price was also very reasonable. A ticket up was only 25 Kroner which is less than £3 or $4! You can't ask for a better price than that really.
The Round Tower
The door that enticed me in
Best thing to skip down hehe
Just loved the views
joseph98 says:
I can just imagine you skipping as well, you little pixie you ;-)
Posted on: Aug 30, 2015
Vikram says:
Lol @ the guy's expression!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2015
janniina janniina
Rundetårn Dec 22, 2011
There's very nice view from the top all over Copenhagen, but specially you can see the old parts of Copenhagen.

And it was quite cheap (only 25 kronors) thing to do in Copenhagen, which is really expensive city.

There's not too much stairs.. it's more like a one big "hill" to the top. And there's space so no worries about claustrophobia like in some old castles.

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals