Rumours - Restaurant
Rumours - Restaurant Bali Reviews
Whatever you hear is true! Mar 27, 2011
Rumours restaurant in Jl. Oberoi, Seminyak Bali is famous for their motto ‘whatever you hear is true’! Rumours started out with an initial concept of only offering the best steaks, but now they are upgraded with a wide selection of pasta’s, pizzas and fresh baked bread. Rumours gives you a lot of quality food at low prices and a huge bar to enjoy your after dinner drinks. During the week Rumours offers cool tunes from the resident DJ’s. The place is usually packed with both tourists and the huge local expatriate crowd.
The atmosphere is great, always buzzzing with energy, and they also have a pleasant and efficient staff. We ordered a pizza and lasagna on our visit. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you're in the area.
Here is a complete list of their menu, showing the great variety they have to offer, and the low prices.
• FRIED CALAMARI ringlots w/ dipping sauce IDR 30000
• CHICKEN STRIPS With mayo and lemon wedges IDR 19000
• Fresh TUNA SPRING ROLLS with homemade sweet chili and soy souce IDR 19500
• Oven baked eggplant PARMIGIANA With bocchinni IDR 25000
• Grilled CHICKEN WINGS honeysoy and a pinch of chilli powder IDR 25000
• TOMATO SUP w/ grilled bread IDR 21000
• POTATO SKINS choice of smoked beef or bacon IDR 36000
• Fried ENOCI MUSHROOM w/ Smok’d Beef IDR 30000
• Rumours HOUSE salad with Thousand Island dressing IDR 19000
• TOMATO AND CHEESE salad w/ basil, olive oil, balsamc vinegar IDR 25000
• FETTA capscium,mushroom w/ balsamic and olive oil IDR 25500
• SALAMI cucumber, tomato,roasted capsicum and boccinni salad IDR 19000
• RARE BLACK PEPPER TUNA salad w/ thousand island dressing IDR 21500
• NEW RARE BEEF salad mixed w/ lettuce & lemon / basil vinaigrette IDR 26500
• CAESAR Salad w/ poached egg and crispy bacon IDR 23000
• PARMA HAM & PRAWN Spaghetti Served In A Reduced Cream Sc IDR 49000
• Spaghetti AOP,Garlic,Olive oil,Chili IDR 23000
• Spicy SALAMI Spaghetti w/ Red Pepper and Fresh Tomato IDR 35500
• Fettuccine CARBONARA with bacon or Smoked Beef IDR 37000
• GNOCCHI GORGONZOLA w/ Pesto Sauce IDR 42000
• LOBSTER SPAGHETTI Tomato,Chili,Garlic & parmesan Cheese IDR 45000
• Spaghetti BOLOGNAISE IDR 29000
• Baked GNOCCHI Tomato Sauce and Cheese IDR 35500
• ANGEL HAIR KING PRAWN Angel Hair pasta w/ King Prawn In Fresh Garlic & Chili IDR 47500
• LASAGNE Lasagna pasta w/ Beef Meat & Parmessan Cheese IDR 39000
• FETTUCINNE ALFREDO Fettucinne Pasta w/ Mushroom & Chicken IDR 34000
• Spaghetti MEAT BALL Spaghetti Pasta w/ Beef Meat Ball in A Rich fresh Tomato Sauce IDR 24500
• SHEPARD’S PIE chunky Beef Filling w/Mash and Golden Puff pastry Lid IDR 45000
• beef STROGANOFF with creamy mash and crisp vegetables IDR 45000
• Chicken SCHNITZEL with Pan Seared Veggie’s and French Fries IDR 42000
• Grilled BABY SNAPPER w/ Sauteed Potatoes & Rucola Salad IDR 52000
• Plum sauce PORK RIBS w/ A Simple Salad and Fried baby Potatoes IDR 46000
• 500 gr Roasted CAJUN CHICKEN w/ Potato Salad IDR 49000
• ROAST PORK LOIN 200 gr Roast Pork Loin Seved w/ sauted onion & Sweet Potato Chips IDR 49000
• DIABLO SHELLFISH 300 gr Steam Of Lobster & King Prawn Served w/ Cucumbar & Tabasco Cream Sauce
• FRIED SEABASS Fried Seabass fish w/ capers, Black Olive & fresh Tomato Sauce Served w/ Vegie & Sauted • Potato IDR 39500
• CHICKEN PIE Chicken Filling w/ Mash & Golden Puff pastry Lid & Served w/ Gravy Green Peas IDR 45000
• KIDNEY PIE Beef Kidney w/ mash dan Golden Puff pastry Lid & Served w/ Gravy Green Peas IDR 33000
• YORKSHIRE ROAST BEEF 200 gr Roasted beef w/ Yorkshire Pudding & served w/ Gravy and Cold Salad
• GRILLED LOBSTER 500 gr Grilled obster served w/ fresh Salad IDR 90000
• DRUNKEN PRAWN 250 gr Sauted King Parwn On A Bed of SALD w/ Garlic Sauce IDR 55000
• SPECIAL RUMOURS SIRLOIN/100Gr AT ONLY 40K
• SPECIAL RUMOURS TENDERLOIN/100Gr AT ONLY 50K
• 200g TENDERLOIN two medallions of lean tender Australian beef IDR 53000
• 200g SIRLOIN lean with firmer texture and fuller flavour IDR 52000
• 250g PORK CHOP tender flavour some grilled chop IDR 45000
• 175g FRESH SALMON grilled salmon marinated in thyme & olive oil IDR 71000
• 200g FRESH TUNA steak tenderloin IDR 43500
• 350g LAMB SHANK oven roasted for 4 hrs, then grilled IDR 75000
• 350g LAMB CHOP 4pcs of grilled lamb, strong tasty flavour IDR 85000
• 200 Gr Entrecote, Slice grill sirloin served w/ iceberg balsamic dressing, fries & butter lemon sc IDR 65000
• 200 Gr CHICKEN STEAK, Served with pan seared vegie & sweet potato chips IDR 42000
• CLASSIC PIZZA, Tomato, Mozzarella IDR 23000
• DIABLO, Tomato, Mozzarella, Chicken, Jalapeno IDR 42000
• MAGICAL, Tomato, Bacon, Ham, Mushroom, Green Pepper IDR 39000
• GREEN GARDEN, Tomato, Mozarella, Eggplant, Capsicum, Rucola IDR 31000
• SUNSHINE, Tomato, Mozzarella, Ham, Pineapple, Onion IDR 38000
• TUNA, Tomato, Mozarella, Tuna IDR 33000
• FOUR SEASON, Tomato, Mozzarella, Arthichokes, Mushroom, Black Olive and Smoked Beef IDR 39000
• SUN GOES DOWN, Tomato, Mozarella, Pepperoni, Bacon, Ham, Onion, Mushroom, Black Olive IDR 39000
• CAMPIGNON, Tomato, Mozzarella, Mushroom IDR 31500
• OCEANEA, Tomato, Mozzarella, Mix Seafood IDR 39000
DESSERT & SPECIAL DRINK
Light homemade blueberry CHEESE CAKE IDR 24500
Rich chocolate MOUSSE with strawberry and cream IDR 18500
BANANA PUDDING With honecomb i/c, caramel sauce and peanut praline IDR 24000
Oven baked lime zest BRULEE With caramelised sugar lid IDR 26000
Chocolate PUDDING With espresso chocolate sauce (please allow 20min) IDR 26000
CHOCOLATE CAKE With strawberry coulis and choice of ice cream IDR 22000
SORBET Kiwi, Lemon Zest IDR 10500
Mix berry Yoghurt ice cream IDR 15000
MANGGO CRUMBLE With vanilla ice cream & manggo coulis IDR 18500
ICE CREAM :
Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Coffe, Honeycomb IDR 15000
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Italian in Seminyak Dec 11, 2010
Rumours is a famous Italian restaurant in Bali. The place is always so crowded and you might have to wait for seats. You will know why, yep, as it says about the Rumours: everything you hear, it's true.
I heard the food was excellent, and it's true. I had the lasagna and my husband had the mozzarella pizza, both are yummy! Love it.
The service is good, they have many people working as the guests are always many so you won't feel ignored. And they work fast!
The only thing is, as it is always crowded, it is SO noisy. People come with friends and family, talking and laughing, and as the seats are too close one to another makes it even worse. You need to scream to talk to your friends.
Well, this definitely a place for your dinner, just dinner, don't expect some chats or conversation when it is packed.
Recommended to visit, taste great but the price is just average, more it is in Bali.
Jan 01, 2008
The slogan: Everything you hear, it's true.
It's really true, in a good way.
It always has a great value for meals, friendly atmosphere for locals as well as foreigner. Always packed every night, but, getting a table has never been an issue.
There's one pool table available for free, great for a good pick-up line to socialize with others.
Suggest to stop here for a nice dinner, 8-10 PM, before hitting Bali's night life.
Recommendation: pork spare ribs, at a cost of $6, and a cold heineken from the tap for only $1 plus. Salads and soups are also nice supplements.