Rumah Mertua Boutique Hotel and Garden Restaurant

Jl. Palagan Tentara Pelajar Gg Padma no. 5, Yogyakarta, Indonesia… - Telp. : +62-274-866680

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals

Rumah Mertua Boutique Hotel and Garden Restaurant Yogyakarta Reviews

patwong patwong
Rumah Mertua Sep 23, 2010
The review on this boutique hotel is really accurate. We really enjoyed our stay there and the hotel staff must be high commended for their helpfulness and the warm, friendly and efficient service.

The distance from town is somewhat a bit far off. Its not like you can go back to the hotel ,drop your shoppings items, take a bath , rest and head back to shopping.

But the stay in the hotel is really great, they can even prepare your breakfast at 4am. And the massage and body scrub were totally heavenly though the price compared to those in town is a little bit higher.

For those inot shopping you might want to consider staying 1 nite nearer to Malioboro St.
ariwardani ariwarda…
Rumah Mertua Hotel: A very clean hotel Nov 20, 2009
I stayed at Rumah Mertua Hotel, NOT in the Rumah Sleman Private Boutique Hotel!!!

Why the title changed to Rumah Sleman Private Boutique Hotel??? I wrote the review of Rumah Mertua Hotel a few months ago but when I looked at my review again, it somehow changed to different name of hotel and I can't change the title because it's blocked/no option to change it. It's totally a different hotel, located in different area and address. So, this below review is based on my experience on staying at Rumah Mertua Hotel, not at Rumah Sleman.

For administrators, please correct this misleading titles since I can't/not having the access to correct it.

It's a very clean hotel. Look at the bathroom. I have never seen such a clean bathroom in the hotel for my entire life. Actually, I need to ask them later; what kind of liquid they use to remove stain, lime, mild dew, hard water, and rust? As they don't have them all in their bathrooms!!! Not a single one!! Amazing...

Other plus points:

1. the room is spacious (choose deluxe room, it's the largest one)

2. there is a porch in front of the room,

3. beautiful gardens, beautiful decoration,

4. the price is cheap (IDR 450,000 = USD 45. Normally, I have to pay USD 70 for the same quality in other hotels in Indonesia.)

5. the staffs are friendly,

6. they serve traditional snacks between meal time, and

7. the surrounding is calm.

Minus points:

1. Less noise because its location is nowhere but still accessible to downtown (only 10-15 minutes by taxi). For those who like to shop or go out at night by walking, this hotel is not the good option. Choose ones that are near Malioboro Street instead.

2. It has calm situation because the hotel rooms are also limited (only 11 rooms). So, book in advance to make sure the availability. It's one of the most favorite ones, especially for the expatriates.

3. Rijsttafel is pricey (IDR 79,000 = USD 8/person, minimum order 2 persons) while the taste is solala. Try it by your own so you can give other input. I'm too demanding if it comes to food though :)

If you want to know more, visit their site:

I'm satisfied with this hotel in general.
YantiSoeparno says:
Ari, I was surprised when I saw at the update that Bernard smiled at my review of Rumah Sleman. I never stay there..... And the price above is very far for the price of Rumah Mertua. Have you told Eric or David about it?
Posted on: Aug 10, 2010
bernard69 says:
thanks again for sharing,say hello to miss typo for me:)
Posted on: Aug 10, 2010
ariwardani says:
I meant agrees, sorry mistypo!
Posted on: Dec 25, 2009
YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Homey Hotel and Friendly Staff Dec 26, 2008
Falling in love at the first sight happened to me with this hotel. The first time I read the name of the hotel and saw the pictures at the internet, I fall in love to this hotel. I decided to stay here during my visit at Yogyakarta. Check the website yourself and see whether you have the same opinion with me or not.

What makes me fall in love is, the first, its unique name. Rumah Mertua means "Parents in Law House". In Indonesia, if you hear the words "parents in law", mostly the images appear are unpleasant persons *sorry*. The second one is the interior. It is so Javanese.

I arrived at night after looking the location for a while. It was my fault I didn't bring the complete address. When I entered the building, I was disappointed a little bit. It was because the bedroom and other rooms are not as large as I saw in the internet.

But, my disappointment disappeared because of the friendliness of the staff, especially the lady at the front desk. Unfortunately, I didn't ask her name. She is a typical Javanese woman, who is polite and soft spoken.

The food at the restaurant taste so so. The price is also expensive to me and doesn't worth the taste.

I definitely recomend you to stay at this hotel and dine outside ;-)
The Hotel