Rumah Makan Inggil

+62341332 110

Rumah Makan Inggil Malang Reviews

Acy_jkt Acy_jkt
Culinary Museum May 21, 2010
This is one of my favorite restaurants, I think maybe the most favorite one in Malang, East Java! I never miss a chance to come here when I visit Malang. As Malang, the town itself, Inggil represents an old style of Dutch Colonial restaurant. The building is so old, and you can find many many many antiques inside the building, even the furniture.

The building was owned by a Dutch in the colonial era, used to be a place for high class Dutch people to gather around. You could still feel it, as everything there was so old. They put many old advertising posters on the walls, and also many traditional antiques.

The food itself is so good, I love it! It is local food mostly, and they serve seafood also, taste so yummy! I think I love all the food I tried there, especially “Pepes Tongkol”, so spicy. The price is also very cheap for this kind of place, I can not believe it! You eat a very good food and you also feel like being in the museum full of expensive antiques!

They also have a stage where they have smooth live music, which is very nice, not too noisy. I was busy checking what they had on the walls, and some antiques as telephones and a weird machine which was actually one to curl women’s hair those days! I thought it was a machine for heart in the hospital or something! LOL.

The service is also good, the food served pretty fast, and they are so friendly and patient to explain any of our questions about the place and the antiques. They also have a souvenir shop just outside the restaurant next to the parking lot. I definitely recommend this place when you visit Malang!
Grilled fish, yum!
From the outside
The stage and live music

Check Malang Hotel Deals