Rudy's Bar and Grill

627 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY, USA

Rudy's Bar and Grill New York Reviews

Cati Cati
Jun 10, 2007
As soon as I saw the big pig outside of Rudy's Bar and Grill on Ninth Avenue between 44th and 45th, I knew I was going to like it. Walk in and seedy red lighting glows on sticky taped up booths. A true dive bar with no pretentions. Pitchers of mediocre beer are 9 bucks ... at that price, who cares if the beer isn't quality? The bouncer and bartenders are super friendly. My cousin had frequented the bar about once a month two years ago, and they still remembered her (or at least were polite and pretended they did). I think the best part about this bar is ..... FREE HOT DOGS! What better accompaniment for a pitcher of Rudy's Red Ale? Apparently, that's the only thing they grill there. Because I was celebrating my birthday and my cousin was chummy with the bartenders, we were sent a free pitcher and a hot dog with a candle in it. Classic. I have decided that this is THE place to be in NYC if you're looking for a casual and unique vibe, friendly staff, a cheap way to get a bit of a buzz and - most importantly - free food.
Cheap beer + birthday hot dog = fu…
Eric says:
Is this place more dive bar than Saint's and Sinners?
Posted on: Jun 10, 2007