by beryl, Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Ruby's Redondo Beach Reviews

ocwarren ocwarren
May 06, 2007
I am not quite sure what was going on or if anything was going on....

We arrived at the restaurant late afternoon for a late lunch or an early dinner. We were seated promptly by the window. As the usual courtesies go, drinks were offered. Ruby's are famous for their milkshakes and burgers. We declined the shakes and ordered a water with lemon. The drinks were brought out in clean glasses and the lemons looked fresh.

Then it took a turn for the worse....

It took at least 10 maybe 15 minutes for anyone to come back ask how we were doing and if we would like to order.

The waitress Suzy did seem pretty knowledgeable about her menu. My friend ordered a Aloha Burger and substituted the hamburger patty for chicken breast. I ordered the Cheeseburger with a combo side salad. My side salad was all iceberg lettuce with a couple cucumber slices, a cherry tomato (split in half), sliced black olives, and a couple croutons. Not complaining for the extra $1.00 spent, but I really do dislike iceberg.

Both meals were's the real bad part. I had to ask for the ketchup for our fries (twice)...I asked one of the servers, he seemed to understand, but failed to ever come back to the table with any of the condiments. My waitress never came back to the table except to drop off the tab. And, my personal pet peeve.....not one person in the whole entire restaurant ever offered or just as a courtesy....refilled my glass of water.

Although, I did not get sick off of the food and that's definately a plus. I will never (and never is a long time) step foot into Ruby's again.

Check Redondo Beach Hotel Deals