Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground

Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - tipis
Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - washroom
Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - my tent site
Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - shower
Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - eewww, can't wear shoes in shower?!
Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - other sites
Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground - sign

Compare Bryce Canyon City Hotel Rates (3.3km away)

Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground Bryce Canyon Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Good second choice when park campground is full Sep 03, 2013
I got a site at Ruby's Campground, just outside Bryce Canyon. They have about 200 sites, but they are not designated by number, so you can just drive around and choose without needing to come back to the office to register. The office had a little store with a laundry room and bathrooms. You were given a code to punch in the keypad on the bathroom doors to get in. I suppose maybe they used to get people from the park campgrounds coming in to use the showers.

It was mostly dark when I got in, but they pointed out a couple of areas for me to check out. I picked out a site, set up in the dark, and went back to the office for a shower. I was grossed out by the "no shower shoes" signs. Yuck! I hate public showers because they are usually dirty and I always wear shower shoes when camping. I don't know why they had that policy and I almost snuck mine in, but one of the employees was in there cleaning the bathroom. Other than that, the showers were nice.

The campground was a bit loud all night. It was big, with showers/toilets by the entrance, so most people drove over there at all hours of the night. The headlights then shine through your tent, waking you up. You could also hear people talking late at night. It seemed pretty loud for a campground that was maybe only half full.

The campground had areas for RVs and tents, but also had teepees to rent. The people there were friendly, but the price was a little higher than I would have liked. I figure we are paying for a bunch of features/amenities that I didn't need.

This campground is located in town, just outside the park, so there is easier access to food, gas, post office, etc. And it has flush toilets and showers. The sites are a little small but not too close to each other. It wasn't super quiet at night and a little pricier than I wanted, but they must make out pretty good here. There's a good chance people will end up here because their first choice of the National Park's campgrounds were full. Not my first choice but I was a bit hard pressed to find lodging. It wasn't bad though.
my tent site
shower house/office

Compare Bryce Canyon City Hotel Rates (3.3km away)

Bryce Canyon Map