23 B Profsoyuznaya Ul, Kazan, Russia
Rubai - My yummy birthday lunch
Rubai - and some sweet things
Rubai - Rubai
Rubai - Nice interior...of the restroom

Rubai Kazan Reviews

Marinushka Marinush…
Fine Uzbek food in Tatarstan Jul 21, 2008
At Rubai I had my birthday lunch. The place is a typical chaikhana with all these soft sofas and delicious meat stuff. It is a place to enjoy your food and have a slow long chat over some tea.

It is hard to sit there – better lay while examing the menu. It is decorated with some Asian grapics and rubais which makes an ordinary food ordering a real artistic process. When you are ready you don’t need to look around trying to catch a waitress’ eyes – just press the button on your table (I’d like to have this little thing at many Moscow restaurants) – it does make customer service fast.

I had some traditional Uzbek bread, shashlik, vegetables and flavoured tea with some Tatar chak-chak. Maybe too much food but I couldn’t resist it 

The place is large enough so it makes it possible to keep your privacy – table are apart from each other and you are not obligated to listen to other people’s talks. There is also a summer terrace but it is not so authentic and I would recommend staying indoors and fully enjoy the atmosphere of Asia.
My yummy birthday lunch