Ruan Thai Restaurant

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Ruan Thai Restaurant - Stir fry curried chicken with cashews. Yum!
Ruan Thai Restaurant - Tofu dish
Ruan Thai Restaurant - Sweet beef noodles
Ruan Thai Restaurant - Wonton Soup
Ruan Thai Restaurant - This is called 'Gulf of Thailand.' It is a seafood dish on a Tom Yum-based soup. Deeelish!
Ruan Thai Restaurant - Tofu Delight
Ruan Thai Restaurant - My winter comfort food :)

Ruan Thai Restaurant Tuscaloosa Reviews

o_dog o_dog
Oct 22, 2007
My fave Thai restaurant in town.

Any time I feel like I need to have a little just-enough spice in my food, I go to this restaurant. The restaurant is located on 1407 University Blvd. in T-town. It sits next to a BP station and across from from Reed St.-Univ. Blvd T-Junction. You can't miss it -- the building is a white house standing a bit uphill from the road. Guests can park behind the restaurant.

The atmosphere is very family-like. Somebody will seat you, and there is only one large dining hall. The smaller one down the hall is for larger parties.

My fave appetizer right now is Tofu Delight. It is firm tofu fried till crispy and served with sweet and sour sauce. Yummers. 'Gulf of Thailand' is my favorite soup. It is a tomyum-based seafood soup hat is just wonderful and very tasty. My entree is Stir-fry curried chicken with cashews. It is just like I want it. I recommend eating Thai food with Thai beer, Sing-ha. Or if you not into alcohol, try jasmine tea. It is so nice and warm -- and good for you, too.

During summer or fall months I opt to sit on the porch to have my meal. It is so nice to eat outside. It does not feel like you are in a restaurant.

I am waiting, and crossing my fingers, on the time when they will serve my favorite dessert ever. Mango and sweet sticky rice. Mmm!
Stir fry curried chicken with cash…
Tofu dish