Røros Market

Roros, Norway

Røros Market Roros Reviews

tvillingmarit tvilling…
Feb 25, 2008
The royal decree of 1853 stated that “From 1854 onwards there shall in Røros be held a market, commencing on the second to last Tuesday of the month of February and continuing until the following Friday”.

The 155th Røros market will be launched on Tuesday 20.2. with a grand opening ceremony that includes the arrival of an equestrian equipage numbering 60–70.

It marks the start of five days that comprise a traditional trading market with crowds of shoppers viewing the wide range of goods offered at the stalls of the around 200 exhibitors during the day, while a broad selection of dances and other cultural events ensure that the evenings and nights are equally lively.

Almost 75.000 people visited Røros marked last year and for this year they hope for 80.000 visitors.

I am invited to visit some friends of mine in their holiday cottage and I will be joining them on Saturday. I will not be driving my self the 154 km but go by train, a journey for about 2,5 hour.

I hope to experience sleigh ride, tasting Market Aquavit brought to Røros with horse and sleigh and enjoy the crowded street with exhibitors and cultural events.

But most important, I know I will have a good time.

Check Roros Hotel Deals