Royal Palace

Royal Palace - 2 lads playing opera music on bottles, Oslo

Royal Palace Oslo Reviews

LindsayA LindsayA
Royal Palace Jul 24, 2012
The Royal Palace is located centrally in Oslo and you will be surprised that you can walk right up to it at the western end of the main street Karl Johan gate.

It's not overtly ornate to look at, but it's free (outside) and it's a royal palace so I would recommend visiting.

Be there at 13:30 to see the changing of the guard.

During the summer the palace is open for visitors and they have tours in both Norwegian and English. You can buy your tickets in advance online at billettservice.no or at Norwegian post offices, Narvesen, 7-Eleven. Or you can queue at the back door and they release unsold tickets shortly before the tour is due to start. Tours only take an hour, but the rooms you see really are lovely.

A highlight for me was being just behind the balcony door. This is the balcony which the Royal family stand on during Norway's Constitution Day and wave at the school children parading past.

There is a nice park - Slottsparken - around the palace and this is a popular thoroughfare for people to get to the shopping streets of Bogstadveien and Hegdehaugsveien from the National theatre which is a central stop for buses/trains/trams.
Standing outside the Royal Palace
Paullfc Paullfc
Oslo on foot, the Royal Palace Jul 26, 2008
Oslo as a city presents itself as incredibly multi-cultural and diverse and presents the visitor with a few splendours to capture on your camera.

The Royal Palace is a must see and grabs the attention of many of the city's visitors. If you get there by 1.30pm you can observe the change of the guard before taking a strole around the garden areas around the back of the palace.

A tour around the palace grounds is a good experience however if you wish to enter the building there is an admission fee.

Near by you can also see the National Theatre and the University Grounds.

For those of you whom would like to sightsee by foot this is possible after collecting a free city map, however there are many trams in the area and Oslo offers an efficient underground service.
The Royal Palace, Oslo
Palace Gardens, Oslo
Close to harbour, Oslo
2 lads playing opera music on bott…

Related Travel Blogs About Royal Palace

Oslo, Vigeland Sculpture and Me
Oslo is the largest city in Norway. I was there in the year 2000. I always wanted to see the northern part of Europe and this is my chance because at that time I had a weekend off from work when I wa…Oslo , place like the Royal palace, museums, theater, Old town and the Maritime museum but I have no time. I had my lunch…
Seeing Oslo with Gudny and Steph, adding a new drinking lesson to Steph's accelerated program :)
This morning i met up with Gudny and Estephanie to explore Oslo. They both met me at my hostel so thank you both for not making me trekk across the city trying to find you guys.  We fi…Oslo.  After getting some food, we then checked out the Royal Parliament and Royal Palace and then we had to go on a little…

Check Oslo Hotel Deals