Royal Orchid

370 East Windsor PLaza, Hightstown, NJ, USA

Royal Orchid Hightstown Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Royal Orchid Mar 27, 2009
I remember eating at this restaurant years ago with a large group of friends and having a great time! I almost completely forgotten about it (not located in my usual high trafficked area) until my father mentioned tonight that he was in the mood for Thai food.

The restaurant is small and quaint. Not very crowded for a friday night. The walls are painted a pinkish lavender and small stone water fountains are placed inside the wall for every booth. It has that cute DIY feel of a family run business.

The staff are friendly and were great with answering my questions on which entrees are vegan. Lucky for me everything in the vegetarian section was!! The menu is mostly flexible with the level of spiciness. The special rice and noodle dishes can be ordered as a vegetarian dish or not. All of the soups can also be made vegetarian! This flexibility is good for mix diet group!

According to my father they put a lot of ginger in their veggie soup!! I ordered the veggie dumplings with garlic sauce. The plate had eight falafel looking balls (I was first expecting a more chinese like dumpling) smothered in an orange colored sauce and a side order of rice. They were delicious!! I am definitely looking forward to returning and trying one of the spicy noodle dishes!!!

Compare Princeton Hotel Rates (14.5km away)

Royal Orchid Map