Royal International Hotel Shanghai

Royal International Hotel Shanghai Rates and Deals

Royal International Hotel Shanghai Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel - close to the airport Dec 20, 2014
I had booked my hotel close to the airport but it seemed like the taxi driver didn't know the hotel, helooked at the screen with the hotel name many times and decided to ask another guy before driving off. He kept on shaking his head as he drove off, asking to see my phone many times. He drove like a mad man in the little car and I felt like I was in a car chase but at least we were moving places. He honked his horn and went from left to right and back again passing cars from all angles.

After some 10 minutes he drove off the highway and into the Pudong area where he looked at all the high or large buildings. I finally managed to see the hotel and told the driver. As soon as you can´t speak the language they cheat you on the meter and I had to pay way too much but when you are tired after a long trip – well I didn’t care. Chinese people are opportunists and if they don’t calculate on seeing you again, so this will happen, especially in a taxi.

The hotel was quite large and I was quite baffled that he did not know it because it was quite grand, almost like a cheap copy of a Vegas hotel. The entrance area was huge with marble as far your eye could reach. Loads of meters to the ceiling and probably the most monstrous lamp I had ever seen. There was a small, compared to the size of the lobby, Christmas tree in the middle and over in the corner there was a reception.

I went to the reception, quite quickly not being able to wait much longer for my bed – I was getting seriously tired. I had good experiences prior asking for an upgrade on the spot and I asked what they could offer. For 25 euro more they would give me a buffet and a much large room, which I said yes to – it was the first day of my holiday. When I was doing my deposit I was so tired that I could not remember my pin to my credit card, so I had to stop after my two tries and find another credit card, what a way to start a holiday that could have been.

The room was located on the 11th floor – room number 1110, which was close to the elevator, when being tired I always see this as a huge plus. The room was really grand and quite stylish in a fashion magazine way. All furniture was polished and the electrics were really fancy with touch contacts everywhere for all kinds of combinations – even the curtains were automatic.

The bed was huge and I could hardly wait to jump into it. The bathroom was really grand with both a shower and one of the most stylish bathtubs I had ever seen, it was almost curved as a flower. There was a see-through wall to the main room from the bathroom but at the flick of a switch it turn into a milk white wall. In the bathroom one of the pictures turned into a TV also by the flick of another switch.
The lobby
The lobby
The room
The bathroom

Royal International Hotel Shanghai Overview

The Royal International Hotel Shanghai, located in Pudong, offers comfortable accommodation and high quality services and facilities. The hotel offers a tour desk and a fitness centre as well as a sauna, conference room(s) and a beauty centre.

The hotel's garden offers tranquillity and peace to sit and relax. There is a barber/beauty shop, a gift shop and a beauty salon within the hotel. Enjoy connection with the hotel's standard Wi-Fi connection available, for more information speak to the front desk. In addition to a 24 hour reception and a concierge, the hotel also features an indoor pool, a kids pool and a business centre.

For the comfort and safety of guests, the Royal International Hotel Shanghai offers non-smoking rooms. Private bathrooms provide a hair dryer, a shower and a spa/jetted tub. Cable / satellite channels and a plasma / LCD TV are included in every room.

The Royal International Hotel Shanghai features an on-site restaurant, convenient for guests preferring to eat in. Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Guests can order room service any time of the day.

Royal International Hotel Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes