Royal Guest House

Royal Guest House Rates and Deals

Royal Guest House Mandalay Reviews

sepilokfui sepilokf…
People that makes the difference! Jul 19, 2012
When I first arrived in Mandalay, I stay in the Royal Hotel (the brother of Royal Guest House). Same clean, efficient but more meant for business men kind of place. I was depressed when I arrived, as it was so hot in Mandalay and power is/will always an issue for Myanmar. It is not easy to travel Mandalay, everything is so far apart and the staff in the Royal Hotel was kind of cold.

After I went north and came back to Mandalay that I stay in Royal Guest House. I was depressed again, but the staff there (the lady name Su for Susan) really helpful. She speaks French, fyi, kind of point me to what the best I can get out of Mandalay. I end up have a fabulous morning to the U-Bein bridge and everything run smoothly even though it was still so hot! I gave her a big hug before I left. I will go back as I need to pass by Mandalay to go to north in the future.

Again, Myanmar is quite honest with most of the price. Don't see a need to bargain, wouldn't get any lower!
Lotus28 Lotus28
Clean, Convenient, Friendly Staff Aug 13, 2011
I stayed there for 1 night during my stay in Mandalay.

They provided me twin room for $12 with Air Conditioning and inside bath. It was really great for the price!

My room was at 2th floor and bedroom and living room was seperated like a suite room. Water pressure of the shower was no problem. And the room, entrance, everywhere of this guesthouse were super clean!

Whenever the staff had spare time, they were cleaning somewhere of the GH and it can't be dirty ever.

But it's a pick by Lonely Planet and it can be busy, and the guys who were staying at non AC rooms were complaining that it was too hot to sleep. So I'd recommend you to book AC room in prior to your stay. I arrived there early and I could get better room but those who arrived early afternoon couldn't get rooms with AC...
Living room