Royal Exhibition Hotel

Royal Exhibition Hotel Rates and Deals

Royal Exhibition Hotel Sydney Reviews

Kurisu Kurisu
Nice little hotel in perfect location to explore Sydney Jan 03, 2016
The main reason for booking this hotel was the location close to the Central Station and the comparably good room rate.

Initially I wasn't sure if it was a good choice to book a hotel so close to a railway station.

But it turned out that this hotel is the perfect choice for a first-time visitor to Sydney!

The location is superb: It's directly opposite of the South-Eastern exit of Central Station. From Central Station it's just 3 or 4 stops to Circular Quay, and you can also catch a train to Bondi Junction or to the Blue Mountains. Super convenient! :)

The neighborhood, Surry Hills, is a trendy relaxed part of Sydney which is known for its good restaurants and cafes.

The hotel itself is in an old building with a pub downstairs. Nothing to complain about my room. It was big, had a comfy bed, fridge and all the OZ typical amenities, a really good (probably newly renovated) bathroom with spacious shower. Well, apparently the rooms are quite old, having a high ceiling, and the walls looked a little bit too boring, because there weren't any pictures on them. But other than that I felt comfortable in my room.

The pub downstairs serves the typical food (fish and chips and such) and good choice of beer from the tap. Prices were ok.

Only problem:

As the hotel is part of the pub, there's no dedicated reception. You have to check-in inside of the pub, which opens at 10am. I arrived at the hotel at 9am after a flight from Singapore to Sydney.

All doors were closed at that time. Luckily, one of the waitresses was already there and opened for me, so at least I could leave my luggage there until my room was ready.

Early check-out is no problem, you can just drop the key in a special mailbox.

So keep this in mind when booking this hotel ;-)

I highly recommend this hotel and would always book it again.
Royal Exhibition Hotel Surry Hills…
Room at Royal Exhibition Hotel Sur…
Bathroom at Royal Exhibition Hotel…
Room at Royal Exhibition Hotel Sur…

Royal Exhibition Hotel Overview

Clean, quiet, convenient and secure. If you are looking for your home away from home you have found it. Welcome to the Royal Exhibition Hotel, a little piece of the country in the heart of the city. We are conveniently located opposite Central Railway Station, Sydney's transport hub, your gateway to Sydney, NSW and Australia. We have 9 Double Rooms rated 3 star by the Australian Accommodation Association and 4 Deluxe Boutique rooms all serviced by a modern elevator. All of our rooms are tastefully decorated, have queen size beds fitted with fresh, crisp, white linen and feature their own en suites, reverse cycle air conditioning, tv, coffee and tea making facilities, refrigerator and are all serviced daily. The hotel itself has undergone an extensive refurbishment and boasts a Raffles theme, complete with an upstairs cocktail bar with bistro and beer garden. Sports minded people are catered for through our wide array of plasma televisions located around the hotel, the horse racing enthusiasts are also catered for by our Totaliser Facility (TAB).If you are looking for your home away from home we believe that you have found it here with us at the Royal Exhibition Hotel.

Royal Exhibition Hotel Amenities