Royal British Columbia Museum

675 Belleville Street, Victoria, Canada

Royal British Columbia Museum Victoria Reviews

windypeg windypeg
Aug 14, 2007
The Royal British Columbia Museum is probably, IMHO, the finest museum in Canada. Should NOT be missed on any visit to Victoria. I was born and raised in Victoria (my therapist is still working with me on why I left 11 years ago!!)...and I directed many a tourist on the sites to see in the city. The museum was always number 1....I still love walking back through time in the diaoramas that make you feel like you are really in a west coast forest, or on a tidal shore, in a coal mine, a fish packing plant or turn of the century town.....the sounds and smells are all there! Make it a priority, you won't be disappointed!
peppertm peppertm
Mar 17, 2007
This is a fabulous place to visit. When you come, you have the choice of buying admission to just the museum, just the IMAX, or both. We decided to go through the museum, and then take in an IMAX movie, and it was well worth the moeny. The museum is very interesting. You'll see various animals (lifelike statues) and different BC scenes through history, as well as different BC art. WHen paying for the IMAX, you'll have a choice of 3-4 different films to watch. There is a different show every hour throughout the day and into the evening. We decided to see 'Mystery of the Nile', and it was great. if you've never been to an IMAX film, I suggest you do it when you get a chance. We had a really great time at the museum and movie.
BC Royal Museum
Me getting eaten by a mammoth
High-fiving a bear at the museum.

Related Travel Blogs About Royal British Columbia Museum

The museum
In Victoria is the Royal British Columbia Museum which we have heard and read is supposed to be fantastic so today we went there.  We wandered down about 11am ish and bought a ticket to the muse…Victoria is the Royal British Columbia Museum which we have heard and read is supposed to be fantastic so today…
Victoria and Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island is one special place to visit. The locals have a saying, that when you live in paradise, you really don't want to vacation anywhere else. That is so true. Vancouver Island reall…Royal British Columbia Museum in downtown Victoria should not be missed. There's no better place to learn the history…

Check Victoria Hotel Deals